MIJ Performance Exhausts

Aha! so your "Paul" that Jay was talking about. No mate, I went for the "Mid-Sport" as otherwise exhaust too loud for motorway driving. I also had the Cat Back system. Bl**dy hell, your going 5" pipes...yee gods! lol...I thought mine were big enough :LOL::LOL: Hope your as pleased with the job on yours as I am with mine. They are a really great bunch at MIJ (y)

Paul, what price have you been quoted for yours? Would be interested to see the difference in price, as I just paid £360.00 all inclusive.

Same price paid for cat back waiting for cost of headers and y pipe let you know when i get it sorted(y) going for the full sport cause i want a deep grumble at tick over and a roar when i drop my right foot :ihih:

Thats good but don't expect to hear much after a long motorway run just that drumming noise.....here come the drums here come the drums ;)

£360 isn't bad, mine was £349.99 [inc.vat] for the system, £50 [inc.vat] for the cat-replacement pipe and £40 [inc.vat] for tail-pipes

Yeah interesting, they were in development* when I was there in 2008, might go back and have them fitted too if they aint to much

*They were chating to a guy with a ST220 about development work on manifolds for the Duratec V6, so I guess this is what he means?

Yes Mat that is what i meant couldn't think of the correct terminology so used the yankie version lol will post up wednesday with the prices, will also ask about setting up club discount (y)

Same price paid for cat back waiting for cost of headers and y pipe let you know when i get it sorted(y) going for the full sport cause i want a deep grumble at tick over and a roar when i drop my right foot :ihih:

Mate, you get that with the mid-sport too - you ought to hear mine now it's had a few miles put on. Had quite a few looks from the other lads in Crediton as I've driven past. Talk to Jay when you go to MIJ, he really knows his stuff.
I'll see if I can get the vid done tomorrow morning of mine - doesn't sound anything like the vid I took at MIJ - much louder.

If you look on the web site the picture of a Black Cougar in the gallery section is Rich B's

Yeh, that's what I saw too - I PM'd RichB and he advised me about MIJ although he was not aware that they had used his Coug in pic's on their website.

I wanted to know why they hadn't used mine :LOL:

I wanted upswept DTM style pipes like an M3 but they said they wouldn't fit, I do like the look of your quads

Yeh, I'm pretty pleased with them. Glad I didn't go for the single pipe each side, don't think it would have given the same visual effect. They didn't take any pic's of mine while I was there, so they can't use mine either on their website - wouldn't have minded though if they had done.

I think the square-ovals I've got match the more angular C2, the DTM pipes were Square quads, they could have fitted them but would have had to modify bumper, bit bigger than your quads

Hell even jag now use big square tailpipes, look at the F-type R

Probably someone not too happy their car was on the site without their asking, although I think they blank the number-plates. Be interesting to see how much louder yours is mate, when they was telling me the guy said they'd fitted the full on kit to one guys car and he'd driven back to Liverpool I think it was, then was back the next day to have it changed ;) too bloody loud :LOL: don't know what car mind?

Listened to your sound vid mate bit quiet for what i want lol. With regard to the website they request you send them a pic if you want to let them use it, guess they got stung at some point just taking pics lol

So, you really want to get noticed and annoy your neighbours eh? as well as have plod on your tail every 5 mins lol :LOL::LOL: I will be interested to hear yours after it's finished - I expect it's gonna be bl**dy loud!!! :ihih:

RAF Police moan about my spoiler saying it could hurt someone lol bunch of idiots. Not bothered by the police though, only a problem if you break the law and got a clean license at the moment :dita: will run the exhaust in for a couple of days before posting a vid (y)

RAF Police moan about my spoiler saying it could hurt someone lol bunch of idiots. Not bothered by the police though, only a problem if you break the law and got a clean license at the moment :dita: will run the exhaust in for a couple of days before posting a vid (y)

Cool, will look forward to hearing the difference (y)

Good choice Tim (y)

Very similar to mine, I'm mid sport (for the same reasons as you :D) centre cat bypassed, quads with a similar outlet design (although I would call mine a tapered edge rather than rolled). What I also like about them is that MIJ fit them nice and tight under the rear bumper so they don't look like wheelbarrow handles :LOL: (y)