More 1:18 scale diecast cars..........

F7OUD

Well-known user
Sep 5, 2009
Barry, South Wales.
Thought I would share with you all some of my collection, this is not it all as I have got more stuff since these were taken:

2v8oebo.jpg

2rpcww3.jpg

nzkea8.jpg

bfkrp4.jpg

esjl7m.jpg

206zfwk.jpg

erei3s.jpg

2popp8z.jpg

That's a lot of motors!

Might I be the first to suggest a bit of shelvin' tho :)

Well........ the thing is, they are all in my attic and all the wood is not supported by much, so to put up a shelf would be very hard + the extra weight of the cars would not help so all in the have to remain on the floor for now.

Nice collection there Peter. I still have all mine in box's since the house was renovated three years ago. I really should get them set up again. My collection though is mainly the German touring car Capri's, along with various other Capri stuff ie: Corgi Detail cars.

Nice collection there Peter. I still have all mine in box's since the house was renovated three years ago. I really should get them set up again. My collection though is mainly the German touring car Capri's, along with various other Capri stuff ie: Corgi Detail cars.

Get some pics up Al, would love to see them all.
I do have all the boxes for all the models ( I have over 170 at the last count ) but I am fast running out of room up there now. Shame really, I love this scale of model.

Nice collection there mate, I thought I had a few but nothing like your collection (not by a long shot) most of the cars I have are either 1:24 scale plastic model kits (that I have constructed myself) or match-box ones, although I have got a 1:18th scale Ferrari 288GTO and an RS200 (not sure if thats 1:18th think its smaller) got nearly all of the Shell Ferrari cars too still in their packaging.
Here are a couple of pics of the models
Zackspeed Capri Turbo
DSC02748.jpg

Datsun 280Z
DSC02749.jpg

Merc 190e
DSC02747.jpg

Koenig Specials Ferrari Testarossa (Twin Turbo v12)
DSC02750.jpg

Lambourgini Diablo
DSC02752.jpg

Lambourgini Countach Lp500S
DSC02753.jpg

Stuts Bear-cat
DSC02746.jpg

got loads of scale models (keep them in a set of drawers) got a couple that need finishing too; like this old Airfix Bentley
DSC02755.jpg

They're terrific Peter - though if they were mine I'd have been down on the carpet giving it "Nyoooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwmmmmmm!!!!!" by now :LOL::LOL:

Matt, that Bentley looks like it's been in the wars a bit!

i've got a nice collection of capri models of varying scales, and we as a family have got loads of models of vw campers, if i get chance, i'll take some piccies,

ACE.

I have about 20 and I gave them all to my step son with strict instructions not to play with them and to only have them on a shelf for display......yeah...thats lasted about a month.
Picked up my fave (McLaren F1) and the door fell off......of course he knew nothing about it.....or the missing wiper and wing mirror from the Ford Cougar......or the bent wiper arms on the 911 or the Diablo......etc etc

They are now on his shelf under 2" of dust and if I dare ask him to dust them, all I get is a true strop Kevin and Perry style :cautious:

They're terrific Peter - though if they were mine I'd have been down on the carpet giving it "Nyoooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwmmmmmm!!!!!" by now :LOL::LOL:

Matt, that Bentley looks like it's been in the wars a bit!
Yeah I found it in a box, my older brother had made a right hash of building it a long time ago.
Funny thing is i've been selling most of my collection on eBay of late, Match-box cars, some in their original packaging. Found a web-site were they value them, depending on age and condition

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Nice collection Peter, sold all mine some time ago, does mean I can start again though (y)(y)

Cheers for that. The main problem is the size of them and keeping them all + boxes. My collection is in my attic but I have nearly run out of space now up there and my wife hates them lol !!!