My Cougar Mods

DO NOT tint the fronts you will remove it it looks brown first off and the heat from headlights means the spray tint doesn't last long at all trust me on both counts I speak from first hand experience save yourself the hassle as even the proper remover for the tint is hard work getting it off.

JJ

Mine have been blacked out on the boobs and painted over the reflector for 3 years and been pulled 5 times not once a problem has been mentioned about the rear lights, the main thing is do the lights shine clearly through the tint if it does don't worry about it if they can't be seen easily in the day time then they are too dark.JJ
DO NOT tint the fronts you will remove it it looks brown first off and the heat from headlights means the spray tint doesn't last long at all trust me on both counts I speak from first hand experience save yourself the hassle as even the proper remover for the tint is hard work getting it off.

JJ
Jase. soz mate but I'm not understanding??
Can you clarify what you mean by 'blacked out on the boobs', which I assume are the front headlights on your coog, rather than a part of your anatomy lol!:)(y)

The boobs are the round areas of the rear lights ie indicators reverse lights side lights etc no problem tinting these as long as they are clearly visible in daylight.

If you tint the front lights they will go a brown colour and look rubbish when your lights are on and the tint spray burns off with the heat of the headlight.

JJ

The boobs are the round areas of the rear lights ie indicators reverse lights side lights etc no problem tinting these as long as they are clearly visible in daylight.

If you tint the front lights they will go a brown colour and look rubbish when your lights are on and the tint spray burns off with the heat of the headlight.

JJ
Ah.............the rear boobs:), gotcha now. (y)

Yep, I agree 100% on tinting the fronts, not that I've tried it, but I wouldn't fancy taking the risk of either a) wasting money on something that's not gonna work out as intended or b) impede my visibility on the road.:)

i seen on the tv on one of those cops programmes they pulled a mondeo over as his taillights were blacked out only to discover he had used tights to cover them lol

i seen on the tv on one of those cops programmes they pulled a mondeo over as his taillights were blacked out only to discover he had used tights to cover them lol

My mate was telling me that people do that today when i told him i tinted my lights and i did not believe him haha, strange but good idea if it looks good. When was this program btw, recent?

All my lights work fine through the tints even in the day so if i ever seen a jam sandwidge behind me il make sure i do a bit of braking, indication and maybe revers a bit haha.

semitintednonlaqd.jpg

2ldd9ad.jpg

Just in the process of the lacquering but im really happy with the results.

Good job dude the tights actually look pretty effective tbh cheap ass way of doing it but it works well.

JJ

Cheer for all the advice and help guys. JJ i wont be touching the front lights now you mentioned what you did. I just need to wait for the lacquer to dry and then i need to apparently sand them down and give them a polish. I am slightly confused though, wont sanding them down ruin it lol !

Cheer for all the advice and help guys. JJ i wont be touching the front lights now you mentioned what you did. I just need to wait for the lacquer to dry and then i need to apparently sand them down and give them a polish. I am slightly confused though, wont sanding them down ruin it lol !

Didn't I discuss this with you via pm Adam?

Sorry pal yeah but i needed to delete some messages and deleted them all by accident. Can you please re send the message if you have it in ur sent box..

The Coug's looking good Adam (y) . Looks like you've picked a nice Mercury badge from the list i sent you. Just don't delete the pm i sent you about fitting it :LOL:

Sorry Adam it's gone.

DON'T use sandpaper.
You need to get hold of some 2000 grit wet/dry paper. B&Q or similar places should sell it. Use it just like sandpaper but you wet it first and keep it wet while using it. Use very light motions on the laquer until it feels smooth and no sign of "orange peel" bumpy effect.
When it's smooth enough, just give it a damn good polish.

Cool mate cheers. I bought some Original T Cut thinking it was polish but im told it is really really bad for your paint work. Grrrr

Nick i wrote your advice down in a word doc haha :)

No pics as it looks exactly the same, but i fitted a ST200 airbox and K&N filter panel today. At first i thought it made no difference but then when i was on a long stretch of roan and i gave it some welly !!!! woow, Sounds amazing :)

Grille is finally dome and here is a before and after picture ...

Before

2usvf36.jpg

After

1zucd0.jpg

Im very happy it it looks MUCH better imo.

All i have to do to the exterior now is

Paint brake callipers
Change side repeaters
Fit my new flying M badge,

Badge looks nice man (y) its good to see what it would look like on. Got 6 of them coming back with me lol. Also picked up a very similar badge that is significantly bigger than the Flying M badge and not a chrome finish but matte silver, i think it will give the ford mustang badge look. Will have to see what it looks like when i get back to blighty!!