Sep 12, 2004
Glasgow
Here is my current set of wheels before i hopefully get another Cougar

Saffy2.jpg

SaffyS70R003.jpg

SaffyS70R006.jpg

SaffyS70R008.jpg

Pid_16V said:
Well i know theres no accounting for "taste" but matey i'm so sorry, i feel sick :(

Whats wrong with it, the colour or the shape or the interior wood or everything :LOL: i like the colour "saffron" the interior i didnt like at the start but it grew on me, bought it from a guy in hucknall near you, the pics dont do it justice it has been modded since they pics with mesh grill lowered suspension,new shocks, cat back stainless 3 inch exhaust, itg panel filter, super chipped 310 bhp, strut brace, top poly engine mount, i prefer the cougar shape myself but engine wise it rocks, the R line was the model above the T5 and cost ?ú34,450 new, but mpg is sh*tty, first turbo car i have owned, but i think i will be going back to a cougar again and have to do everything i done to my old one again :roll:

its......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................a volvo.........

I think all you need is a pipe and a nice smoking jacket and your image is finished :oops:

if yours was a 7 or 9 series saloon with those wheels, (although not nessecarily that color) I'd have swapped :(

I quite like it, not sure about the wood though. Out of interest what is the 0-60 and the MPG

Completely understand why you want another cat not knocking volvo engine technology but all that wood stuff round the place is just hideous, just looks square and wrong get rid of it quick :LOL: :wink: hope you find a cat real soon.

jezport said:
I quite like it, not sure about the wood though. Out of interest what is the 0-60 and the MPG

0-60 around 6.2 mpg sitting just now at 20.7 im sure the engine is based on some Audi, engine 2.3 20v 5 cyl turbo, great fun when some twat tries to race me :twisted:

I like it!! Its an R model, and thats all that matters if going fast is your thing!! I love the colour, but shame you didnt go for the estate version cause i think they look slightly meaner.

As for the wood cappings, my friend has that light walnut in his S80, and its not really to my tastes.
Someone along the way has scandallously changed your interior for the wood spec, because the R models come with blue dials, Carbon fibre or piano black effect cappings and brushed aluminium effect trim as standard!!! :eek:
But if like my friend you love your wood effect, then go for it!!! dont listen to what anyone else thinks!! :) .

its the sort of car my dad would have bought because it sensible , safe , and a volvo . does it make you feel old driving it mate and do motorcycle riders stick there middle finger up at you alot :?: :?: :D :D

Rick-(FrostyV6) said:
I like it!! Its an R model, and thats all that matters if going fast is your thing!! I love the colour, but shame you didnt go for the estate version cause i think they look slightly meaner.

As for the wood cappings, my friend has that light walnut in his S80, and its not really to my tastes.
Someone along the way has scandallously changed your interior for the wood spec, because the R models come with blue dials, Carbon fibre or piano black effect cappings and brushed aluminium effect trim as standard!!! :eek:
But if like my friend you love your wood effect, then go for it!!! dont listen to what anyone else thinks!! :) .

Cheers mate, i wanted the estate version but none around when i was buying as i had just sold my mini cooper and needed wheels quick, the wood was an option on the R line just that not many choose the maple colour and the dials are blueish, the newer R line cars have a very shiny blue ones, a V70R estate in saffron i looked at in galashiels had the same colour wood trim as i have, he was going to px me for my cougar but that fell through, was also going to buy a black v70r from a guy in dudly but got an rac inspection done on it and they told me not to touch it, i would say a black V70R is my favourite colour and the last ones made in black are awesome looking with 300bhp standard, pity they have stopped making them at the time everyone else is bringing turbo cars back :?

lottysvdub said:
its the sort of car my dad would have bought because it sensible , safe , and a volvo . does it make you feel old driving it mate and do motorcycle riders stick there middle finger up at you alot :?: :?: :D :D

Ha Ha yeah they do stick there fingers up at me but thats because when there sitting at 150mph and im still keeping up with them they get mad :p

HADI said:
lottysvdub said:

Ha Ha yeah they do stick there fingers up at me but thats because when there sitting at 150mph and im still keeping up with them they get mad :p
nice one bud do you want to play with my TLR1000 which cresent suzuki have had to 214 mph on there rolling road and then shut down as it became to unstable :wink: shes a beastie mate she will stand up on the back wheel and wheel spin at the same time mate in all 6 gears :D :D

Sorry man your bike can be as fast as you want, you still have to dress up like a power ranger and arrive all sweaty and smelly.... :LOL: :wink: Give me 4 wheels any day....

Volvos have never been my thing TBH but I'm sure yours is fairly quick in a straight line, but what happens when you get to a corner??? :eek: Can't imagine it handles all that well???

Get yourself another cat pronto mate, dunno how you can sit in that car without being blinded by that fake wood :LOL: From the pictures I've seen of your old Cougar it was a lovely car, those wheels are gorgeous its a shame they don't make them anymore. Get another black one, they are peanuts at the moment so you could have lots of cash to spend on modding it up :D