My New Cat

• Thread starter yourcodenameisnick
  • Start date
Y

yourcodenameisnick

After having it a week (but only driving it a few days due to the tax) I thought I may as well post some pics up.

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

A plate will be going on in the next few weeks when I get my log book back.

New plate is A3 NXB.

I'm going to change a few bits on this, like the side repeaters. I don't like the the orange/black look lol.

Rotten shame about the rips in the arm rest, tho at least it's a relatively easy thing to sort out......

Oh - & upgrade that pen!

Looks like mine (well, from the outside anyway) when I first got it (I don't have the x-pack...boo hoo...) So, what type of mods are you going to look at doing?

So mine has the X-Pack?

I'm not really planning on doing much to it, though ST170 wheels wouldn't do any harm, although then I'm riding the risk (geddit?) of looking slightly 4x4ish, and I really don't want to lower this one.
I'm loving what I've got from £700 though :D

It's rather fast :D Though I don't think the IMRC (is that it?) is working probably :S It doesn't feel much faster in the higher revs.

So mine has the X-Pack?

I'm not really planning on doing much to it, though ST170 wheels wouldn't do any harm, although then I'm riding the risk (geddit?) of looking slightly 4x4ish, and I really don't want to lower this one.
I'm loving what I've got from £700 though :D

It's rather fast :D Though I don't think the IMRC (is that it?) is working probably :S It doesn't feel much faster in the higher revs.

Yes, the X-Pack came with leather etc. i.e. like yours. Re: looking like a 4 wheel drive...well, if you check out the Harewood pic's - there were 2 Cougars that have had the change done and now are both running 4x4 (Mondeo equipment) - and tell you what - they really look the part.
Re: What do you mean it doesn't feel any fast in the higher rev's?? what gear are you talking about? The cougar is more a motorway cruiser than a traffic light racer - although still should be fairly quick going through the gears. You may need someone like Bobster to hook you up to a pc and check whats going on with your cat??

Well, any gear really. I'm going to get it serviced and see what my mechanic thinks of it before I say it's slow or anything.
What I do love about it is that if I'm cruising at 50 and want to overtake, or if I'm pulling onto the A1 I don't need to mash the gear stick around, just plonk it in 4th or even 5th and it accelerates. And of course I agree with the comment in your sig :D

Well, just found out that I've passed my 2nd year of uni, which is great :D

Maybe to celebrate I should spend a little on the Cat ^^

Looking cool. Suppose I should get some pics done of mine to and post them soon!