my new ice install

black-diamond

Well-known user
Apr 24, 2007
leeds west yorkshire
well had to upgrade so went for this and wasent sure it would fit so went to ice shop and measured up so went and fitted it so here you go

DSC_00075.jpg

Nice one Darren, except aren't they a bit small? lol ...you sure you can't get any bigger? lol So hows your hearing these days?.....I SAID HOWS YOUR HEARING...lol :LOL::LOL:(y)

So now I will be able to hear you coming when i'm out and about in Leeds ;-) lol What headunit you running them off mate? And what amp?

So now I will be able to hear you coming when i'm out and about in Leeds ;-) lol What headunit you running them off mate? And what amp?

running a jvc ax1 dvd headunit and the subs are active so that means its built into the enclosure so all in one and is very loud makes me sick when i turn it up lol so cant drive with it up really loud lol

running a jvc ax1 dvd headunit and the subs are active so that means its built into the enclosure so all in one and is very loud makes me sick when i turn it up lol so cant drive with it up really loud lol

If my install is in for Harewood you can have a listen to that;)

JJ

alot companys spend thousands to make active boxes with there subs thats why they sound better then a jl sub and amp as shops sell you the sub and amp set up and dont look what cubic feet you need for the set up alot of people are heading towards the active side of the range of ice installs if you look at alan pollards set up that kully and jj done i guess they looked what size box thay needed and also looked at what size port those subs needed good job there lads

i have loads of chats with the young drivers i have met at cruises in my years i had a renault 5 gt turbo with 4 cerwin vega stroker 12s in a custom made box with 4 kac1023 amps running them it came in on db level of 112.9 what is very loud i spent alot of money on set up but was nearly 10 years ago and things have moved on in the ice install world can get some good set ups for little money now

This is true, my box could be incorrect I agree, however I didn't want a ported box because A.They are too big, and B. They are tuned to a specific frequency, I brought a 15" sub because I want to hear ALL (as low as it will go (y)) the sub-bass not just the specific frequency the box is tuned for.
I might have a word with Mr.Jones & Singh :ihih: and get my box re-designed (it was built some time ago and i'm not 100% sure its accurate) as I do have the spec's for the correct size for both a Sealed and Ported enclosure direct from JL Audio themselves. Alans box looks pretty damn pukka.

Oh and 112db isn't loud, I had mine tested and got 123db and at the same time another guy saw 144db :eek::eek::eek: I would reckon JJ's being over that:eek6:

Lol I'd guess mine is over that to Matt, a sealed box doesn't drop as low as a ported tho yours in a ported box would sound very good and still be musical so don't worry about that the onl;y limiting factor is how much boot space you want my 15" can go into a smallish ported box of around 3cuft from memory and you saw how little room my two sat in and how loud they are.

On a side note my last install in the old cougar to use twelves had four jbl gt3 subs and four 250wrms amps and hit 147db from a sealed box.

JJ

Ah right my mistake there, the sealed enclosure is around 1.2cubic ft, the ported is about 2.5 (IIRC) with twin ports (the info even details the specific port length) I think the people who I brought it off may have just gone for a generic box size (although it is small, just check my garage pics) I will have to send you the details ;)

dont think 112.9db was that bad for system that was 10 years old as things move on so does ice installs and subs and amps most stuff of shelf is much louder then stuff pros used 3 years ago if i had your set up matt i would go for ported box would sound sweet