My new seats

M

Mike Stand

I've changed my original cloth seats to C2 cloth. But before I put them into the cougar I removed all the covers and bunged them into the washing machine, so glad I did as they have come out like new not a mark on them, well chuffed. I borrowed a pair of hog ring pliers from a mechanic at work and got some new hog rings to reattach the covers back onto the seat frames.

The only problem I came across was the wiring looms in both front seats, I managed to swap both lower looms from my original seat but the drivers seat was harder as the wiring to the side airbag was combined in with another connector, different from the original one.

Because the wiring for the side airbag is in the top half of the seat, and I didnt fancy stripping down another 2 seats so I chopped the original connectors off and wired it into the new seat.

Then I've also sprayed all the seats with Supagard protector which is like a Scotchguard protector, so it should help keep them clean I hope !!!

All in all the job wasn't as bad as I thought.

100_1063.jpg

100_1062.jpg

Looking good ! like the C2 seats ... always have really ...

Now you hit on a snag that i came across when putting in leathers again ... again the plugs under the seats are different .. typical !! however the doner car that i got the seats from still had the floor looms so i went and snipped them out ... et voila !

well hopfully ill be soldering away on Saturday connecting the looms from the doner car to my car . Bl***y Ford ! changing connector plugs !

regards

Nice job on the seats Mike, look good looking at the pic's. Well done mate.
I too will be looking to change to leather within the next year, but rather than finding a donar car - going to shop around to see how much a full re-trim will be instead. That way I can have the colour leather I want :)

changing cloth seats to leather

hi

i'm also trying to change interior from cloth on a 2000 cougar to put in leather from a 1998 and have got stuck on the front seats as connectors/wires do not match up, could you help on how this can be done, i'm guessing ford garage would charge a lot for this?

Thanks

hi

i'm also trying to change interior from cloth on a 2000 cougar to put in leather from a 1998 and have got stuck on the front seats as connectors/wires do not match up, could you help on how this can be done, i'm guessing ford garage would charge a lot for this?

Thanks

If the connectors are different in the seats then you need to swap the loom from the old seats assuming they where heated etc, ?

I've changed my original cloth seats to C2 cloth. But before I put them into the cougar I removed all the covers and bunged them into the washing machine, so glad I did as they have come out like new not a mark on them, well chuffed. I borrowed a pair of hog ring pliers from a mechanic at work and got some new hog rings to reattach the covers back onto the seat frames.

The only problem I came across was the wiring looms in both front seats, I managed to swap both lower looms from my original seat but the drivers seat was harder as the wiring to the side airbag was combined in with another connector, different from the original one.

Because the wiring for the side airbag is in the top half of the seat, and I didnt fancy stripping down another 2 seats so I chopped the original connectors off and wired it into the new seat.

Then I've also sprayed all the seats with Supagard protector which is like a Scotchguard protector, so it should help keep them clean I hope !!!

All in all the job wasn't as bad as I thought.

100_1063.jpg

100_1062.jpg
Looking very nice mate, will do mine if I can't get leather for the right price/condition