My new tail pipes

pauldf1971

Well-known user
Apr 8, 2009
glasgow
well my ms design tail pipes arrived this morning so thought i would give it a bash at fitting them with the aid of my trusty grinding stones and hacksaw,firstly had to buff of the 2 welds holding the sleeve over the original tail pipe to remove it before cutting off 100mm of tailpipe.
27072010340.jpg

27072010341.jpg

27072010342.jpg

27072010343.jpg

27072010345.jpg

27072010344.jpg

old style
IMG_1541.jpg

not really a fan of stick on tailpipes but does make it look better from the back must get my finger out and get my light covers on to finish it off

Nice job Paul. Tbh, i think this tailpipe kit is quality above and beyond the standard jap junk we see on some cars, i speak from experience of owning one of these dual trims.

As a man i used to know once said, "Look after your pipes, and your pipes will blow smoke........" :LOL:(y)

just burning of the smell from them earlier alan,i started to clean up the back boxes as they are in good condition then moved onto the pipes and i burned another drill out,thats 3 in about a month.the instructions were for a zetec as in fitting adapter coller.but easy enough job tbh

Does anywhere sell these but as a twin setup? i don't want the car to be loud but would love two tailpipes either side.

think you would need to get it made up martyn as there is only one original pipe coming out the drivers side but the tail pipes do not alter the sound of the exaust

some people go down the route of installing false pipes on one side but on a cougar that would be daft as especially in the cold weather with the steam only coming out one side

noooooo i wouldnt want it to be false . im sure i spotted somthin like it last year just cant seem to find anythin now