my salvaging of parts is complete :D

S

sp3n

when i bought the cougar in december last year.. i remember saying to myself -
its already a pretty powerful beautiful looking car, no need for any mods..

and now fast forward to today after i have installed an induction kit, el-glow dials, resprayed the dash and center console, changed led colours, installed a hid xenon kit, new grills, light covers, badges, stainless steel engine bling, gear knob, handbrake, door sills, chrome surrounds, leather gaiters, floor matts, 18" alloys, pedals, seat belt pads, head unit, amp, sub, a few other parts awaiting delivery...

my latest set of supplies have arrived...

13102009678.jpg

13102009680.jpg

13102009681.jpg

13102009683.jpg

13102009684.jpg

13102009685.jpg

all in need of a damn good clean and polish and a bit of tlc :ihih:

but my question is this.... when will all of this end... when i ask?!

Not bad for a standard un modded cat :LOL:(y) well done Spencer.
The short answer to your question is.....NEVER..............

Take it from another cougar owner who bought his cat for the same reason we all did, no intentions at all of modifying it, afterall, it's a damn good looking car as standard anyway. :confused:............but we just do it!

will be a good one when done spencer,if your just wanting to clean up maff and tbh get wire brush attachments for you drill will work a treat

will be a good one when done spencer,if your just wanting to clean up maff and tbh get wire brush attachments for you drill will work a treat

aahhhh hadnt thought of that - was planning on using good old fashioned elbow grease! i probably cant do the same to the uim/lim without damaging them i guess?

elbow grease for that one as it would take the paint of it,try a local hardware store for brushes as b&Q are expensive 8 quid each then i found some in my builders merchants for under £2 each plus grinding stone attachments my tbh is alrady polished but i stripped the maff down as not to damage sensor and this is what i came out like
10102009126.jpg

Last edited:
Or better still, I found some really cheap brushes in a quid shop. Actually much better than the cheaper ones I bought a few days earlier in Focus.
I know what you mean though... decided to take up detailing so I can learn how to make the car look much better rather than just buy off the shelf polishes. Outlay this month has been in excess of £200!!
Next grooves for my machine are same as you've got up there ST200 throttle, lim/uim or ultimately an engine swap with an st200 or just a cylinder head plus some st200/220 wheels. Long may it continue.... lol, at least it proves we are alive dun't it? :D

Not bad for a standard un modded cat :LOL:(y) well done Spencer.
The short answer to your question is.....NEVER..............

Take it from another cougar owner who bought his cat for the same reason we all did, no intentions at all of modifying it, afterall, it's a damn good looking car as standard anyway. :confused:............but we just do it!
This is true i've seen the pic of your STANDARD car and it was only what 24months ago :yikes: I'm the same dunno when to stop....just slow down instead :LOL::yesnod: