My track Cougar

I asume your keeping it road legal so you can drive it to and from tracks?

No its going to be trailered to and from a track.

Hi. looking at this with interest. I have thought of a couple of possible suggestions for more weight saving. Change the rear side windows for perspex, and the door windows if possible, glass weighs a ton, also that way if one breaks you are not showered in thousands of bits of glass, front screen is ok as it is laminated, also if door windows are electric try to change to manual winders, as the motors and associated gubbins can be quite heavy. with the dash board, you could try to get rid of everything not required, if legal. air bags etc. and try to fabricate a binnacle to house your instruments, switches, etc, you could also alter the vent ducting by fabricating mounts to direct the air to where you want it, mainly the front screen and side windows, not where a designer thought it should be. Best of luck with the track days (y). Hornet

Yeh i have thought of perspex windows and airbags. Airbags will definitely go and ill replace wheel with a high grip race wheel too.
Ill wait to see what the weight distribution is like before doing the windows though as keeping the rear windows glass may help. Appreciate all comments though. Iv not raced a car before so ill be getting into this gently and just using the car to have a laugh with and not competition racing etc.

here you go paul hope these will be of use just use the arb bracket as a template on top for hook and bolt hole not the best of pics
17092009096.jpg

Theyre great Paul, thanks. Top man!
My engine is not the later one, but i could always create some kind of baffle in the sump. It would definitely be a good idea anyway.

Hi Paul
I would dump the orginal sump and go down the PACE dry sump route and for the extra engine oil so that it has the same capacity put in an MOCAL Aeroquip oil cooler.

Well that depends on where it would be. It still needs some work on it and i cant drive it to a track yet as i havent got a trailer and tow bar on the lexus yet.

lil bit off topic, but so far i saw few photoshoped pics of cougar in rally, grand touring cars, drag car and so on... - and theres only one thing that i can say - its a real sports car look!!!

PS. nice bodykit there Ginja(y)

Its a Radio controled car mate :LOL: (the Tamiya Box should give it away) but yes looks good. There is a Drag cougar, Touring Car cougar (as seen in this thread) and even a Cougar livered NASCAR racer (not a true cougar its a Taurus)
m5lp_0906_01_z+mercury_cougar_cobra_hybrid+nhra_mercury_cougar.jpg

craig56.JPG

9cougar-front.jpg

A bit of an update on this... as i thought parts were common for this car in Australia (where i will be emigrating next year) i was going to take this over in a twin container with the Lexus... however i have now been informed that they arent easy to come by. So i may be scrapping the car after taking everything off it that people will want that is. Im still looking into things but at least if it does get scrapped then half the work is already done haha!
Its a bit of a shame but it was going to get scrapped anyway when the Lexus came along until i had my brain wave of it being a track toy. Like i said ill keep you guys informed.