My trip thru Mont Blanc tunnel ..

I don't worry mate I'd give you more than 2 months notice, It would take me about 6 months to plan it :LOL: but trust me you don't want to do Europe in a RHD car on your own, having to stop and get out and run round to the left to pay at toll booths is not good.:nono::nono:

Just drive through'em mate - put some un-registered plates on, they'll never catch you lol :LOL::ihih:

I am thinkin of doin the Nurburgring next ... maybe next year :idea:

got a couple of mates who would fancy it (non cougar ?? lol)

I will put a post up if I get it organised ...

And they ride BMW ZR motorbikes. Apparently if you aint got the cash for a fine they drive you to the nearest ATM and then YOU pay them ;) 180€ in Phil Robbo's case I think for doing 170kmh in a 120kmh limit (120mph in a 70mph) ;) ...ask him for specifics

I am thinkin of doin the Nurburgring next ... maybe next year :idea:

got a couple of mates who would fancy it (non cougar ?? lol)

I will put a post up if I get it organised ...

Hmmmm...wonder how quick a Cougar could get around there?? We could make a pact to beat Jeremy Clarkson's time!! lol...video it and then send it to Top Gear...Oi! Jeremy this is how it's done!! lol :ihih::LOL::LOL:

Hmmmm...maybe not then...they open to bribes??? lol :ihih:

NO! Phil Robbo can tell you all about his experiences with gendarmes, be prepared for long strings of 4 letter words!!!!!!!!!!

:mad5::mad5::mad5::mad5: (from Phil)

well ginja iam also banned from france well more like i got deported and told not to come back so me and phil could have a rant about that one lol.long story short i was wanted for unpaid fines in france(speeding) the eventually got a hold of me took mr drivers liscense,paper work i hid my passport they took my keys after parking me outside there station until i got money sent over for them,they were that stupid the let me stay in my motor but they didnt bank on me having spare keys lol so i did a runner into belgium.they got me a year later at calais fined me £800 till my court case deported me,went to court got all my paperwork/keys back and banned from france greattttttttttttttt lol

Well Paul, you didn't exactly cover yourself with glory - did you??? :eek::wink5::wink5::wink5::wink5::wink5::D

theres more to than that but when the old french police set out for there coffee money they want it,i dont agree with giving the police backhanders to get on my way(and thats no reflection on the uk police) anyways this is a topic for the rants section at some point lol

Very nice pics, looks like a good road trip, my middle son Kevin has climbed Mont Blanc twice, and loves the area.

Who mentioned French Police ????
Garlic munching, sheep burning, smelly armpit, ello ello, sausage eating, snail sucking, moulin rouge ,eifel tower ,champs elyise`, horse meat baguette , citroen driving, small willied, cul de sac, sacha distelle, stick it up ya cordon bleau, cantona ..... Barstewards :mad5::mad5::mad5:

Very nice pics, looks like a good road trip, my middle son Kevin has climbed Mont Blanc twice, and loves the area.

Garlic munching, sheep burning, smelly armpit, ello ello, sausage eating, snail sucking, moulin rouge ,eifel tower ,champs elyise`, horse meat baguette , citroen driving, small willied, cul de sac, sacha distelle, stick it up ya cordon bleau, cantona ..... Barstewards :mad5::mad5::mad5:

PMSL :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.... that's the best laugh I've had in ages!!! thanks Phil :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

well ginja iam also banned from france well more like i got deported and told not to come back so me and phil could have a rant about that one lol.long story short i was wanted for unpaid fines in france(speeding) the eventually got a hold of me took mr drivers liscense,paper work i hid my passport they took my keys after parking me outside there station until i got money sent over for them,they were that stupid the let me stay in my motor but they didnt bank on me having spare keys lol so i did a runner into belgium.they got me a year later at calais fined me £800 till my court case deported me,went to court got all my paperwork/keys back and banned from france greattttttttttttttt lol

.........makes my 50ff (it was while ago) fine for driving with a couple of wheels on the hard shoulder of a motorway seem a bit tame:yesnod::yesnod:

.........makes my 50ff (it was while ago) fine for driving with a couple of wheels on the hard shoulder of a motorway seem a bit tame:yesnod::yesnod:

They fined you for that!! ???? Good grief! I think here you would just get a warning from the local Traffic Officer??

I've been thinking of organizing a road trip of sorts, want to do the Milau Bridge and the Stelveo pass (ala the Italian Job) just need to know who is interested, mind you I need a co-pilot too, its too much of a pain to do the Toll booths on your own in a RHD car :mad2:

Matt, the bridge is simply stunning. I towed a caravan down that way to Spain every summer whilst it was being built and would monitor the progress knowing that 'maybe next year' we would get to cross it and miss the bottleneck in the town of Millau. It is an incredible feat of engineering and the wait was certainly worth it; you feel as though you are driving across the sky. (y)(y)

What did I tell ya???!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Phil's running true to form.

They fined you for that!! ???? Good grief! I think here you would just get a warning from the local Traffic Officer??

Yeah, they sure did and breathalised me at the same time. They actually have signs telling you not to do it but it is so easy to 'straighten' the road a little, especially when driving on the right in a RHD. :mad:
As for trying it on at a toolbooth; we came through the one just before Boulogne last Sunday and there was a welcoming committee of 6/7 gendarmes, one had a notepad obviously with reg.nos. on it and he was directing the others to check the queues for the vehicles in question. Then, and only then, does my eldest pipe-up and say " didn't you see the one hiding in the shadows under that last bridge with his radar gun". Fortunately its a bit uphill to that toll and our fully laden 1.6 Focus wasn't exactly flying. Phew :ihih: