New Additions

Cheers mate, how is your order on your rims working out? hope its going well for ya as those rims were nice!!

I ordered them on Monday and they were delivered out to the garage thats doing my MOT on Tuesday, The garage I use is my old local garage where my mate works up in Ballater it usually takes days do get stuff up there. So I am very impressed with the service from wheel base and will deffo recommend them and use them again.

I am going up there today to pick up my car, I can't wait to see what they look like on the car I am like a kid at christmas..lol

I ordered them on Monday and they were delivered out to the garage thats doing my MOT on Tuesday, The garage I use is my old local garage where my mate works up in Ballater it usually takes days do get stuff up there. So I am very impressed with the service from wheel base and will deffo recommend them and use them again.

I am going up there today to pick up my car, I can't wait to see what they look like on the car I am like a kid at christmas..lol

Best of luck with it mate, hope they make you smile as much as mine did :)

Carrying on from the last mods, im gonna keep my thread open for the New Additions i make.

Over the weekend a few new mods went in,

As some of you are aware from other threads I have been attempting to install a Power Start Button. Had a few issues initially but had alot of help from the guys on this forum so thanks to you all for your help. After a numbe rof hours trying to get it working, a close friend of mine who is an electrical engineer by trade, popped round for a beer and helped me finish off the job. Here we have the newly fitted button :D

5155055080_d0e260afff.jpg

5154426677_8035dafd47.jpg

5154599745_3368c80461.jpg

Very pleased with the outcome and again thanks to everyone who chipped in with the help (y)

Next....................

As my mate was over, I had just recieved my Door Handle lights so he kindly offered to assist me in fitting them, we got them all sorted within about an hour, and if i do say so myself they are a fantastic cosmetic addition for such a small price, as is the start button. Hope you like :D

5154524133_9f0aa8d91d.jpg

5155025184_93e48c5777.jpg

5154394987_790a7ecc73.jpg

Next............................

Whilst in the US a few weeks back, i decided to buy a couple of US mods. This is the new front grille along with the new Large rear Mercury Emblem, fitted nice and easy (y)

5154852681_f4e12d86ba.jpg

5154840787_aeed4bc9a7.jpg

5154819461_65a09abfbe.jpg

5155437570_cdb15b3282.jpg

Last but not least.......................

The new wheel caps Al kindly did for me, fnatastic work from him, so many thanks go out to Al (y)

5154581345_c75cc750dc.jpg

5154564441_2305b511cc.jpg

Thats all for now folks, but hopefully have a few more mods in the near future but thats it for now (y)

Hope you all like

Thanks Mate!! Been putting in some serious hours on the car lately, gonna give it a good clean and hard wax for the winter and gonna get the engine bay looking all clean and polished :) gotta get my UIM in for a powdercoat though :)

I love the door handle lights Chris, and wouldn't mind some myself - any chance of a how-to? If I had them, I'd want them on the same circuit as the interior courtesy light so they came on when unlocking the car with the remote, is this how you've got yours rigged up?

I love the door handle lights Chris, and wouldn't mind some myself - any chance of a how-to? If I had them, I'd want them on the same circuit as the interior courtesy light so they came on when unlocking the car with the remote, is this how you've got yours rigged up?

Thanks mate (y)

Thats exactly how they are wired up mate, Im gonna try and write one up actually but didnt have the camera with me when we did it at the weekend. there is a how-to around somewhere with the details on already i think, but will try my best to make one up when I get a chance, will maybe take the door cards off again and show the wires. Honestly, once you identify the wires you need (pretty easy) its just getting the connections locked in and the actual fitting is pretty simple, getting the wires in the car is a little tricky but its a great cosmetic mod for the price :)

Some nice mods there Chris. I also slipped up when i did the handle led's ie: no camera.o_O
Chris, i thought the intention for the start button, was to place it between the two face level vents.

Some nice mods there Chris. I also slipped up when i did the handle led's ie: no camera.o_O
Chris, i thought the intention for the start button, was to place it between the two face level vents.

It mist definitely was Al and I was very disappointed with the placement of the button but behind the point we had mentioned there is a plastic support that is completely in the way. Was very annoyed and tried the position closer to the steering wheel next to the temp gauge but that too had issues and the button would not sit flat as it is curved. This unfortunately was the last option :( but still happy with the overall button look just not in my ideal place.

Chris&Tim (Warthog....remember them ;)) did a write up and how-to ages ago Rich. I've still got a brand new set to fit myself :LOL: Ria B has the same set up (Rich K fitted them when it was his car)

Chris that support you mention, IIRC that had to be cut away when Dave (DYG) had his fitted last year @ cougarfest.

Chris&Tim (Warthog....remember them ;)) did a write up and how-to ages ago Rich. I've still got a brand new set to fit myself :LOL: Ria B has the same set up (Rich K fitted them when it was his car)

Chris that support you mention, IIRC that had to be cut away when Dave (DYG) had his fitted last year @ cougarfest.

Correct Matt :beer:

Fortunately it doesn't need its own how-to, as everything is described in a couple of other how-tos, see my post about that, or for more info the complete thread, it's in: Blue led exterior door handle illumination

Or, if you just want to quickly jump to the two relevant how-tos, for how to get at the 12-second delay line, see the How-to on Fitting Mondeo footwell lighting and for routing the wiring into the door, see see the How-to on fitting door kerb lights with photos of the awkward area.

Chris

Last edited:
Correct Matt :beer:

Originally Posted by ginja
Chris&Tim (Warthog....remember them ) did a write up and how-to ages ago Rich. I've still got a brand new set to fit myself Ria B has the same set up (Rich K fitted them when it was his car)

Chris that support you mention, IIRC that had to be cut away when Dave (DYG) had his fitted last year @ cougarfest

Any idea how I could remove this? It is starting to get to me a bit that the button is all the way on the other side of the car, so im ordering a new dash piece as I would like to get that support chopped off to fit in the start button. Could anyone help with how to to get it positioned there?

Think they just used a saw mate, it shouldn't be too hard, maybe Alan can remember, I know I was watching but I can't remember exactly how they did it. Only other thing is to ask Dave (DYG) he's one of Tony's mates, and he should be on here most days.

Think they just used a saw mate, it shouldn't be too hard, maybe Alan can remember, I know I was watching but I can't remember exactly how they did it. Only other thing is to ask Dave (DYG) he's one of Tony's mates, and he should be on here most days.

Cheers mate, im heading over to Tony's for the meet so maybe get it sorted then (y)