New Cat Lover

dj_m_barnett

New user
May 5, 2010
Wiltshire, Britain
Hello there,

Just picked up my new frosty V-reg V6 X-pack with optional sunroof and heated windscreen. Now I could try and explain how I feel for it with words, but I think the fact the 45 minute journey home took nearly 3 hours and a stop at the petrol station (Shell V-Power) speaks volumes ( and no, I don't mean it broke down... :))

Issues? The remote plipper doesn't 'plip' - I hope this is a dead battery but it could need a new one. Any idea how much that would be or if there's another option rather than a main dealer?

Also one of the lights behind the dash dials is out so I'll need to inspect the forums to find out how difficult replacing it is...

P.S. what a great noise it makes!

23092010038smaller.jpg

23092010039.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard dude (y) I see you've already subscribed so you have all the information you'll ever need about the big cat at your finger tips - the search bar at the top right is your friend!

All that remains to be said is GET SOME PICTURES UP!!! (y)

Welcome to the forum, that looks like a good example you have and its in the best colour (y) if you are explaining that the sidelight bulb isn't working thats because ford saved a few pennies by not putting a bulb in there, easy to gain access, 7 torques screws and 2 pozzy drive and a few clips simples :)

Let me know about the light on the dash, mine was gone when I got mine also about a 30 minute job to sort and there is an amazing how-to about how to take apart the dash on here!!

Nice looking motor (y)

hello dude, and welcome to the club, care fully prise apart your remote and carefully clean all the c*#p out of it then give a good hard blow to clear out any dust, then get a small brush like an artists brush and clean the tiny bulb inside. then put your battery in again and retry fob, if it does not work, nip up to asda, i got 2 x 2032 batteries for a couple of quid and it was buy one get one free(laughing) 4 batteries approx 50p each, hope this fixes it dude, it worked for me,

ACE. :whistle:
www.justgiving.com/aceclarke007
zipsliding for charity on 3rd October

welcome to the club mate,
can i suggest if your going to the trouble of taking the dash out you might like to take a look at some dial upgrades.
personally i went for the lockwood white dials with blue illumination and for 15 quid it transforms your dash day and night.you can also add the chrome dial rings for an extra 22 quid, think ive got a bad picture of them on my garage.

Welcome to the forum, that looks like a good example you have and its in the best colour (y) if you are explaining that the sidelight bulb isn't working thats because ford saved a few pennies by not putting a bulb in there, easy to gain access, 7 torques screws and 2 pozzy drive and a few clips simples :)

Firstly welcome aboard and that is a nice Coug you have there. Just to put Paul right...silver is not the best colour, as we all know! ...ofcourse BLACK is!!! LOL
I bought my Coug from Wilts 2 years ago, it now resides in sunny Devon! lol
Hopefully you may get along to one of our "local" meets.

Hi bud & welcome

Just to put Paul right...silver is not the best colour, as we all know! ...ofcourse BLACK is!!! LOL
As we all know, (to coin a phrase), BLACK is NOT a colour, it's a pigment so Paul is correct, Silver IS the best colour!! lol :LOL: