New Cougar! :D

Hip

Well-known user
Aug 24, 2010
Nottingham
46704f0a.jpg

2.5 V6, all the normal, no leather. A/C doesn't work, so i'll get it regassed and if that fails the condensor sorted. Drivers seat needs a new bolster/replacing. Boot popper button on the key doesn't work, and the fuel filler pipe has shifted slight, so will need tacking back in place

Engine is good, all new brakes & pads, all new Tyres. NO RUST :D

Current plans - Spray the alloys graphite, de-tango the side repeaters, HIDs, Install

Total Cost - £700 including a full tank and insurance!

Blimey, that was quick work mate. Perhaps stating the obvious as your Dad has a ST200, but you have to press the boot release button twice to open the boot. Glad to see you went for the best colour, that grin on your face will remain for a long time.:cool::cool::cool:

I never **** around mate, once my mind is set I'll get it done!

From 70bhp to 170bhp? Was ******* lovely on the motorway it not struggling!

No the button is actually proper broken. When you push it in, there's no switch there

If, you've got a spare key, then you shold be able to pick up a remote reasonably cheaply of Ebay, and reprogram it to your car.

Ply your owd fella with loads of alcohol and when passes out have it off with his engine box and ecu he'll never know!:devilish:

Right, few things I've noticed in the light of day!

It's hunting for Revs from cold, so i'm guessing it's a new ICV!
Gear knob is horribly worn out but that's a nice easy fix.
Electric wingmirror on the drivers side isn't responding. Again, easy fix!
Gear shift feels a bit loose to me - but that's probably due to my Fiesta only having 49k on the clock so it's nice and crisp. Stribo has recommended that the B&M quickshift kit so hopefully that will sort that out!

Sounds like you have a Coug with just "minor" problems and easily sorted mate. Best of luck getting all the stuff done that needs doing....then you can start emptying your wallet like the rest of us once the "modding" bug bites you! lol

The loose gearshift is a common Cougar problem. Unclip the gaiter and pull it up to reveal the gear change (I'm afraid the correct technical name escapes me!) and you should see (if you're lucky) four or (more likely) two brass coloured Torx bolts. I almost guarantee these will be horribly loose. Tighten them up and your gearchange will instantly feel far better. A lot of Cougars, including mine, only came fitted with two bolts, even though there are clearly four holes. Cost cutting is the only logical explanation. Putting the other two in and keeping them all nice and tight, as well as lubricating all the moving gearchange parts with lithium spray grease should ensure you have a tight, smooth gearchange. I'll look back through my eBay history later to get you the part number for the bolts, but they were about £10 from Paynes (Ford dealer in Leicestershire).

Sounds like you have a Coug with just "minor" problems and easily sorted mate. Best of luck getting all the stuff done that needs doing....then you can start emptying your wallet like the rest of us once the "modding" bug bites you! lol

The modding bug is strong in this one my friend. I'll put a project thread up of my Fiesta so you can see how much was done to that!

Looks good Si, bargain mate. Great colour. Drive it like you nicked it !

I'm not gonna lie - I wanted a Black one :p - Once the LPG conversion is in, it'll driven a bit more enthusiastic. Until then gingerly is the way! :D

The loose gearshift is a common Cougar problem. Unclip the gaiter and pull it up to reveal the gear change (I'm afraid the correct technical name escapes me!) and you should see (if you're lucky) four or (more likely) two brass coloured Torx bolts. I almost guarantee these will be horribly loose. Tighten them up and your gearchange will instantly feel far better. A lot of Cougars, including mine, only came fitted with two bolts, even though there are clearly four holes. Cost cutting is the only logical explanation. Putting the other two in and keeping them all nice and tight, as well as lubricating all the moving gearchange parts with lithium spray grease should ensure you have a tight, smooth gearchange. I'll look back through my eBay history later to get you the part number for the bolts, but they were about £10 from Paynes (Ford dealer in Leicestershire).

Great tip, I'll do that on my lunch