New Cougar owner in Essex

P

pottsie74

Hi there peeps I am Stuart and have just bought myself a 2001 2.0i Cougar in black. Want to get on and pimp the old girl but need to fix a power steering leak. The cooling pipe at the front has a leak. Typical, went to ford today and they want £104 for the pipe. Does this sound expensive to anyone? If anyone can help me with a nice leak free pipe I would be soooo grateful. I will be joining shortly as I have noticed that there isn't much help out there for the Cougar, not even a Haynes manual. Hopefully I will be able to come and seek advise from all you good peeps. Anyway must stop rambling on. Hope to speak to you all soon.

Cheers Pottsie74

Welcome aboard Stuart, good to hear another Ebony joins the the elite squad! lol (you'll understand after reading a few posts about which is the best colour! lol). Hope you manage to get the cooling pipe sorted. Mate, try Ford Parts UK, they are on this forum under "For Sale" http://www.fordpartsuk.com/ - we get discount with them. Cheers, Tim

Hi Pottsie, and welcome to the forum & Cougar ownership! I see you've already subscribed so all the 'Problems' and 'How to' sections are now open to you. Try using the search function at the top right of the page, typing in 'power steering cooling' turned these posts up - hope they're of use to you (y)

http://www.ukcougarforum.com/vb/sho...ure!!!/page2&highlight=power+steering+cooling
http://www.ukcougarforum.com/vb/showthread.php?6697-Change-the-steering-oil-cooler

Good to see another 'dark' Frosty too :devilish:

.......runs and hides from the Ebony Brigade......

Hi Pottsie and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat. As for the pipe, checkout the "For Sale" section as a few cats have recently and verys sadly been sent to cat heaven (broke up) , or just place an ad in the "Wanted" section. (y)

good to hear another Ebony joins the the elite squad! lol (you'll understand after reading a few posts about which is the best colour! lol).
Welcome to UKC.com Stuart, to avoid disappointment, I wouldn't look into the best colour thing if I were you, it's just an endless rant of 'my colour's better than yours!' rubbish lol:rolleyes:........................only a few, select wise elders, know the truth about which colour is best.......................and they're not telling! :)
Welcome aboard fella.(y)

Welcome to UKC.com Stuart, to avoid disappointment, I wouldn't look into the best colour thing if I were you, it's just an endless rant of 'my colour's better than yours!' rubbish lol:rolleyes:........................only a few, select wise elders, know the truth about which colour is best.......................and they're not telling! :)
Welcome aboard fella.(y)

Very nicely put (y)

Welcome to UKC.com Stuart, to avoid disappointment, I wouldn't look into the best colourthing if I were you, it's just an endless rant of 'my colour's better than yours!' rubbish lol:rolleyes:........................only a few, select wise elders, know the truth about which colour is best.......................and they're not telling! :)
Welcome aboard fella.(y)

Very nicely put (y)

:):LOL:

At least i included ALL the Cougar colours :LOL:
Cheers bud, here's a more graphic & scientific approach to demonstrating a point...............look at the pics below & see which looks best.......................answers on postcards please!:)
Black.jpg

Blue.jpg

Green.jpg

Silver.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL: