New Cougar Owner

R

robbiej

Hi all!

I've been driving "BIG" cars for the last 10 years. Recently my house was broken into and my beloved 3000GT was stolen along with my Deisel runabout...

Because of my insurance claim on 2!! Car's I've Downgraded..

I've always liked the shape of the couger and decided to try and find a good one. Came accross a 99T with only 26k miles. PUrchased it toady after a smooth test drive. Nice car and now I need to go read all the noobie guides!

Robbie

Hi and welcome to the club (madhouse) great bunch on here and a few laughs to be had along the way,loads of info no manuals made for cougar but all the info is either in subscriber section (£13) or the members are both knowledgeable and helpful,as well as a little mad:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Tony (y)

Hi & welcome to the club Robbie
26k is a damned good find! :yesnod:
Theres a meet happening just up the road from you at Xscape/Castleford next month.

Hi & welcome to the club Robbie
26k is a damned good find! :yesnod:
Theres a meet happening just up the road from you at Xscape/Castleford next month.

I'm still event organiser for the Yorkshire branch of the GTO-Owners club. However, not owning a GTO anymore proerbly means I should attend the meet @ Xscape!
:)

Welcome to UKC Robbie, the GTO is a very nice car indeed & sorry to hear you had your cars stolen.:(

It'll be some comfort though when you come to insurance & running costs with your Coog, nice cat there btw.(y)

animated_welcome_cat.gif

Hi Robbie, and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

Exellent looking example you've got there, do i see foglights as well?

Exellent looking example you've got there, do i see foglights as well?

Yeah with foglights, but it's completley standard, the gentleman who had the car has had had it from new and between the years 2002-2010 it has done 5k miles lol!

I plan to do a oil, plugs and leads service next weekend. No other plans well apart from the front projector headlights as they don't appear to be very bright! Some decent mats as I dont want the carpet getting damaged. :)

I also noticed the oem rear spoiler, very nice :ihih:
Don't worry about the lights, they are well known for being crud . Some of us have fitted HID to add some power to them (y)

All service parts are available at discounted rates to subscribed members, as are "COUGAR" floor mats. All in the members discount sections. (y)

Hi mate and welcome to the club. Got yourself a nice looking car there and with such a low mileage, what a find. Could have been better though if it had been a real cat, a V6.

Hi mate and welcome to the club. Got yourself a nice looking car there and with such a low mileage, what a find. Could have been better though if it had been a real cat, a V6.

Looked at a few V6's, but most of them were in a bad way :(. The insurance has gone up so much with 2 claims in December it's a 2.0l car or less for the next year or so.

Full membership is in the pipeline, however I am unable to subscribe via my User CP. any ideas ??:confused: