New guy

rooster210

Forum user
Dec 8, 2010
North Carolina U.S.
hello fellow cougar owners. New guy to this board. I'm actually on NECO from the states and just looked over here to see what kind of things you guys are doing in the UK to set your cars apart from the normal cats on the road.

Hi Rooster, welcome to our side of the pond. I hope you like what you've seen so far, I imagine some of our styling and tuning trends are a little different to those of our American cousins. Have you any details about your Cougar, and maybe some pics?

I imagine some of our styling and tuning trends are a little different to those of our American cousins. Have you any details about your Cougar, and maybe some pics?

Yeah man I love the UK cars I think they look better then the american cars. which is odd considering its the same car with different badges as far as outside. For some reason they just stick out and say WOW more. As far as mine I have a red 99 which seems to have faded to a bright pink while I been deployed over the past year. It's a 2.5 Manual trans. Ive put rims on it which Im getting ready to switch out for the Konig Unknown 17 inch rims. Not sure if you guys have half of the stuff Ive done as far as company wise.
Ive also put MSDS Headers on it with a trubendz Y pipe with high flow cat on it. as well as it has a truebendz single exit with a single turbo muffler on it. Its also had the duraflex millenium body kit on it. It's also got 2 12" SPL 1100 watt RMS subs in the back mounted into a competition ported box. running those I have a Boss Chaos 1000 watt amp. which is really underpowering the subs. in the dash I have a Pioneer CD head unit.
Ive also added a cold air intake to it which I made from piece together parts from a local auto parts store at home. As well as Ive switched out all the interior lights to include door buttons dash buttons and Instrument cluster with red LED's for a custom look inside
Ive shaved all the emblems off the back of the car. and tinted the tail lights. The sad part is I found rust under the car and I dont feel its worthy of fixing up to really nice quality so Im probably converting it all back to stock and use it for a daily driver.

My other car which Im supposed to be picking up when I get back next week sometime is a totally stock white 99 Automatic trans which has had absolutely nothing done to it. Although when I get back all the stuff Ive done to the red one is getting done to the white one plus more.

As far as pics I dont have any at the moment that are up to date the only ones I have are from a couple years ago and the car doesnt look like that anymore

Welcome to the club mate

What part of your cat is rusting? If it's the sub frames just swap it with the new one and job done.

Sadly you guys seem to have much better toys over there than we could ever dream if getting over here without being ripped off with shipping and customs charges

I hope you like the site and have a look at some of the mad things we have been upto over here

its pretty much the rear subframe, the rocker panel under the door sill, and a few other places as well as the frame looking parts under the floor have been tore up pretty good and smashed in a few places. as far as better I like the UK coug's better I think it may be just the fact that what the other side of the pond has is different therefore we want that one more. I dont know perhaps its just me.
thanks for the welcomes everyone

Hi Rooster welcome aboard!. We are a bit envious of you guys over there too! You get your cats in more than 5 Colours for a start, Also you get access to the 3ltr duratec lumps and you have vortech superchargers. All of which I would love to get my hands on.have nosey round the site you will see some exceptional cars about.

they came in 5 colors but none of them were still what Im going to end up painting my car. Ive already seen some really nice ones on here. You guys dont have the 3ltr? that seriously sucks thats one of the biggest performance upgrades they do in the US. As far as the superchargers Im more partial to turbo. Where are you guys getting the stainless steel cover plates for stuff under the hoods? You guys also have the cooler lights on the outside like the tail lights with the amber on the lens and the clear front reflectors in the lights. I actually have the UK spec tail lights waiting to go in my car and Im thinking about getting a set of the headlights off EbayUK.

Welcome man!! My fiance live in FL so am there a few times each year, i bring suitcases to bring stuff home :)

Hello and Welcome aboard the UK side of things. Sounds like you have a few interesting mods, like others have already said that we can't get our hands on over here. I'm also a forum member on NECO too. Look forward to seeing pic's of both your Red Coug and your White one to come.

thanks. I'll get some pics of my cars posted up asap. Im currently still in afghanistan but am due home some time in the near future like the beginning of the week. and then its going to take me about a week to get pics posted. gotta love classes.

Hi Rooster, and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.