New HT Leads

Moostang

Active user
Jan 11, 2006
just a few piccies of the leads & plugs i've just fitted,
its quite a straight forward operation...the hard part was sourcing the leads. The leads i bought on-line from www.performanceleads.co.uk very quick turnaround as well, orderd thurs evening & arrived Sat morning.. 8)
DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

the difference is amazing, no more lumpy idle & pulls smoothly thru the gears with no hesitation...feels like a new car again.. 8)

the leads would set you back inc p&p ?ú50 ish, the plugs i bought from ebay for ?ú25 inc p&p...
its money well spent because the car is smoother & quicker.
Its a nice little job for a sunday afternoon.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Manos. :wink:
i'm sorry to hear about your credit rip-off...it worries me buying on line,
you just never know until its too late.. :cry:

but hey some great pics of you & Tony sorting Mo's Cougar out.. 8)
Tony is a Top Bloke all credit to him for helping you out.. 8)

your new leads look smart - me likey a lot 8) , and after checking out the link, ive found i can get blue ones for my cabby for ?ú24 :D ive wanted blue ones for ages, but could only find magnecore ones at ?ú50 a pop so youve saved me a few bob there too! thanx moostang! :D

lynz
youve saved me a few bob there too! thanx moostang!
:wink:
anything to help out a fellow member, thats what CC is all about...
i'm glad you found what you were looking for.. 8)

and just to add if any one else is looking for new leads i would highly recommend these leads, very friendly on the phone & really fast delivery.

Thats what I was wanting to do at the weekend, I bought a set of magencor leads off of ebay 2 weeks ago and I bought a set of motorcraft plugs from FPUK the same day. But the plugs havent turned up yet! :cry:

I really need to do mine, the idle is really rought and I've got flat spots, In the morning when its damp its only firing on 5 cylinders.

I put my new leads and plugs in last tuesday, heres a few pictures:

05032008204.jpg

04032008198.jpg

04032008199.jpg

I reset the ECU while I fitted them. I've only done 70 miles since so I think the ECU is still learning its setting. It has missed a beat a few times, the other night on the motorway slip road, I was changing from 2nd to 3rd on the red line, when rev dropped it took a second or two before it reved again.

I have been desperately trying to get a set of HT leads for my C2 V6, but, to no avail. I have had three different sets delivered from Formula Power and none of them seem to fit. The problem is at the coil pack end of the lead. The connector in the coil pack is a lot thinner than normal and the Ford leads that are fitted have a white metal spring clip fitted to the brass centre to allow it to grip. The rubber sheath also seems a bit longer than normal leads. I will be returning the third set to Formula Power tomorrow along with a spare lead from the C2 I dismantled to let them see exactly what it looks like.

I have been desperately trying to get a set of HT leads for my C2 V6, but, to no avail. I have had three different sets delivered from Formula Power and none of them seem to fit. The problem is at the coil pack end of the lead. The connector in the coil pack is a lot thinner than normal and the Ford leads that are fitted have a white metal spring clip fitted to the brass centre to allow it to grip. The rubber sheath also seems a bit longer than normal leads. I will be returning the third set to Formula Power tomorrow along with a spare lead from the C2 I dismantled to let them see exactly what it looks like.

I have a used set

Dick, why not just go standard OEM HT leads? that's what I have just replaced mine with (ok, it's a C1) and they have been brilliant and no issues with fitting either.

just a few piccies of the leads & plugs i've just fitted,
its quite a straight forward operation...the hard part was sourcing the leads. The leads i bought on-line from www.performanceleads.co.uk very quick turnaround as well, orderd thurs evening & arrived Sat morning.. 8)
DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

the difference is amazing, no more lumpy idle & pulls smoothly thru the gears with no hesitation...feels like a new car again.. 8)

you can't get any for a cougar from these anymore, i just checked :-(

Try page 13 of this cataloguehttp://www.magnecor.co.uk/pdfs/Magnecor%202011%20Catalogue%20UKRRP%20PXL%20WEB.pdfThe notes on page 1 and the Ford applications pictoral reference on page 3 could be helpful in ascertaining their suitability, too. It says the prices are excluding VAT and as at Jan 2011, but it should give you a rough idea.