New member from Australia!

Thanks, appreciate the extra info [emoji2] I will probably purchase the returnless to return adapter on NPG, very expensive but probably the safest. I heard that the Escape UIM will not fit in the Cougar without bonnet clearance, do you know if that is correct? Because the Taurus and ST220 models weren't sold here so I would have to import one if that is the case. o_O

I havent had a stock hood in quite awhile, mines a kaminari hood, although from what I remember the intake fits the stock hood. The issue was the fact that they moved the oil fill hole from the lower part of the valve cover to the upper part. I know alot of people who have put the escape engine in and this is the first I've heard about intake issues.
There's nothing wrong or unsafe about an external fuel regulator. All you need is the hardline adapters that go from a solid line like most of our cars have to a -an fitting. Then -an lines to the regulator then -an line from the regulator to an adapter on the fuel rail for hooking a -an line to. As long as you get the fittings attached to the hose correctly no worries. Then just use the vaccuum line currently on the regulator on the fuel rail for the ext.
After all the issues NPG had a while back I personally wont buy anything from them, and I live in the states where they don't have the added hassle of getting it to another country.
I do know though if you have the 04 or newer 3.0 with the nicer metal valve covers there is clearance issues with the intakes. You're pretty much stuck with the black plastic intake unless you make a spacer for it. The 2.5 intake as well as the ST220 intakes both contact the top of the rear valve cover and wont let it seat properly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi,
Welcome to the club.
I have a 3.0L Cougar (not sure how many there are in UK but not many!), see Forum thread 'Damian's
old Cougar' for more details,
good luck with your conversion.

Welcome to UKCc and it's especially cool as if i am correct, and i think i am, you are our first ever member who is the owner of a genuine box of Visteon parts attached to the car at the factory (y)

Welcome !

We've just returned to the UK after 7 weeks touring New Zealand and whilst there spoke to some vehicle recovery guys after a puncture on our camper. I asked them about Cougars in NZ, they said they had seen them and that generally speaking, anything available in Australia would also find its way to NZ. But I must say in over 4,000 miles I didn't spot a single Cougar ! As you'll see on the forum, we have a separate thread for 'Cougar Spotting'. Here is something I did spot though !

AA Minivan at carnival parade IMG_0202.jpg

Hi :)

Do you know what size your rear anti roll bar is on this car?

I ask because a few years ago I sent a UK 19mm ARB to AUS, to a guy with a standard Cougar, If I recall correctly his had a 16mm rear ARB which I believe is your stock size?

anyway......if yours is also the small one and you'd like the larger one...I have one here you can have for the postage.
Memory tells me it came to about thirty quid.....whatever that is is Oz Dollars!

if you're interested just let me know :)

Hi :)

Do you know what size your rear anti roll bar is on this car?

I ask because a few years ago I sent a UK 19mm ARB to AUS, to a guy with a standard Cougar, If I recall correctly his had a 16mm rear ARB which I believe is your stock size?

anyway......if yours is also the small one and you'd like the larger one...I have one here you can have for the postage.
Memory tells me it came to about thirty quid.....whatever that is is Oz Dollars!

if you're interested just let me know :)

Hi Steve,

I am not actually sure, I would've assumed our would be identical to yours? But I was considering upgrading to the ST200 rear ARB, but if they are the same as the ones on the UK Cougars I will definitely let you know :)

Cheers (y)

Hi Steve,

I am not actually sure, I would've assumed our would be identical to yours? But I was considering upgrading to the ST200 rear ARB, but if they are the same as the ones on the UK Cougars I will definitely let you know :)

Cheers (y)

I'm certain that the ST200 ARB is the same size as UK Cougar one. for some reason ... UK cougars are blessed with larger ones :giggle:
The only one that's larger is the BAT which was 21mm....and pretty much unobtanium now

however ... yours being an Eibach car, you may well have the larger one already, I'd be surprised if it didn't actually.

I wonder which one 'Red' has?

good point

I'm certain that the ST200 ARB is the same size as UK Cougar one. for some reason ... UK cougars are blessed with larger ones :giggle:
The only one that's larger is the BAT which was 21mm....and pretty much unobtanium now

however ... yours being an Eibach car, you may well have the larger one already, I'd be surprised if it didn't actually.

good point
Believe there was a 24mm as well

But I'll just leave this here.
http://www.prtautosport.com/store/p38/CDW-27_7/8"_(22.2mm)_Rear_Sway_Bar_Upgrade.html

I wonder which one 'Red' has?

There was some suggestion originally that she was intended for the Aussie market and just got geographically bewildered along her way, because she was RHD, but in a colour that was not available in the UK (but was in Australia and Europe).

But on further inspection, we found that the wing-mirror bases were Euro-spec and specifically biased toward a LHD driving position so, with that and the colour in mind, it might've been intended for Europe despite being RHD.

Although I don't think that we ever collectively got to the bottom of it - the VIN told us nothing and I'm not sure whether Rik Edwards has dug further - the only conclusion we could come to was that she was a beautiful mistake, easily corrected with UK mirror baseplates and happily existing in her red coat, (now renewed, happily).

All that being the case, my suspicion is that there was some bad weed in Flat Rock that day. Either in the paint shop or on the assembly line.

What would answer this conclusively - as in, where the mistake was made - would be to ask Rik to measure the ARB. That would certainly tell us where the car was intended for, assuming that Aussie Cougars got a 16mm ARB.

There was some suggestion originally that she was intended for the Aussie market and just got geographically bewildered along her way, because she was RHD, but in a colour that was not available in the UK (but was in Australia and Europe).

But on further inspection, we found that the wing-mirror bases were Euro-spec and specifically biased toward a LHD driving position so, with that and the colour in mind, it might've been intended for Europe despite being RHD.

Although I don't think that we ever collectively got to the bottom of it - the VIN told us nothing and I'm not sure whether Rik Edwards has dug further - the only conclusion we could come to was that she was a beautiful mistake, easily corrected with UK mirror baseplates and happily existing in her red coat, (now renewed, happily).

All that being the case, my suspicion is that there was some bad weed in Flat Rock that day. Either in the paint shop or on the assembly line.

What would answer this conclusively - as in, where the mistake was made - would be to ask Rik to measure the ARB. That would certainly tell us where the car was intended for, assuming that Aussie Cougars got a 16mm ARB.
That could work although as its been discovered multiple times, the parts on each car is pretty much whatever someone grabbed off the table as the car went by.
We have approximately 5 different ARBs for this platform. I believe all these. 16mm, 19mm, 21mm, appearently 22.2mm still available on the link I posted, and 24mm which is known here as the Aussie sway bar. The only thing that has been 100% verified with EVERY cougar is. If your car was LHD your steering wheel will always be on the left and if it was RHD your steering wheel will always be on the right. Nothing else is guaranteed to be the same from one car to the next unless you have a specific package like the ZN for example.

The only thing that has been 100% verified with EVERY cougar is. If your car was LHD your steering wheel will always be on the left and if it was RHD your steering wheel will always be on the right. Nothing else is guaranteed to be the same from one car to the next...

...apart from that your demister vent will pop out of place

- - - Updated - - -

£175 in real money :LOL: tempting for sure..