New member/newish owner here saying hello

Carvetii_Cat

Forum user
May 19, 2010
North Lakes, Cumbria
A big hello to everyone.
I've had my 2000 V6 X-cat now for just over 2 months and all I can say is fantastic!
A bit of a dog in the lower gears about town, but that dosn't bother me. What did bother me though was coming out of the supermarket 2 weeks ago to find that some idiot had bumped my rear and yes, you've guessed it, no note or details were left :cautious:
So she is currently in the shop getting a bumper respray. I'm also getting the front bumper done after noticing the colour didn't match the body. Both bumpers were moondust whilst the body is frost. Does anyone know if that was standard or will the car have been resprayed in the past? It was very hard to tell and I probably still wouldn't have noticed now if it wasn't for the bump. Anyway, roll on pick up day on friday.
Well I'm gonna go and have a ratch about. Nice to meet you all. I'll get subscribed next week, I don't dare spend anymore money this week on "That bloody Cougar!" The wifes words, not mine :LOL:

Welcome aboard bud, some great cats around for loads of ideas, quite a few in Cheshire as well...

Hi and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.
The original silver is Silver Frost, the moondust is a close alternative sometimes used either by paople who don't know any better, or think its "close enough" as you found already
(y)

Thanks for the warm one folks.
Picked her up from the shop yesterday and she looks great. Front and rear bumpers now match and the offside rear wheel arch that had started to blister now looks as new as the others. The bloke doing the work said that once he got working on her, he couldn't stop! He touched up the few stone chips on the hood, aswell as some light scratches on the body and boot for no extra charge. Well happy but a bit scared to drive her now. The roads up here in cumbria are shocking.
Had a good mooch about the site and love it. Even though my head is now battered with ideas from seeing all these fantastic Cougars!