New Owner and New Member

PsychoHippy

Active user
May 18, 2010
Corsham, Wiltshire
Greetings fellow Cougar owners. I bought my first Cougar (silver 2.5 v6) 3 weeks ago and have stumbled across your wonderful site while searching for some tech advice. It's completely standard at the moment, so not really much point in putting up pics - but I will if you want.

It's a 99 model with about 84k on the clock and it had all break disks, pads and tyres replaced for it's MOT in Feb, so not much to do on that side of it. The only annoyances are the fact that none of the switches in the drivers door work (both windows and wing mirrors) and one of the speakers in the back doesn't work, so there is a little investigation work to do there.

The Mrs and I may even be persuaded to come along to Cougafest this summer, as long as people don't mind an alcohol baring hippy :cool:

Hi mate and welcome to the home of the Cougar. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site regarding your Cat and for a measly 13 quid a year subscriptions you can access all areas and find out everything you will ever need to know. As for your switches not working have you tried looking at the fuses to see if any of them are blown, or checking that the plugs are connected inside the door panel.

welcome bud, loads of useful info and helpful pepes on here. Get yourself to cougarfest definatley. It'll be my first as well shou;ld be good!

Hi PsychoHippy and near neighbour! Good to have another member closeby. There's not too many of us around here but we have fun when we get together. You have just missed a good gathering at Castle Combe but I expect that will happen again next year.

Cougarfest will be a great way of you getting to know a lot of members all at once and you will be made very welcome. Strongly recommend you give it a go - don't forget the headache tablets!!! :LOL::LOL:

Thanks for the welcomes from everybody :)

Cougarfest will be a great way of you getting to know a lot of members all at once and you will be made very welcome. Strongly recommend you give it a go - don't forget the headache tablets!!! :LOL::LOL:
Aussiecat, headache tablets will not be required, in nearly 30 years of drinking I've not had a hangover yet (although I'm not sure I've ever bee sober!).

I will look in to getting time off of work for Cougafest and will attend if I can