New Owner from this coming Weds

P

PAPALAZEROUS

Hi everyone,

New 2.5 V6 owner from this weds hopefully. Will be taking on a W reg (2000) Melina blue Cougar. V good condition X pack and only done 45000 miles.

Not really planning on mods (not my thing), but may change the wheels to the focus st170 and add a tow hitch for my little boat.

Currently weeping into my cornflakes as my current car a 98 Jag XKR is off to a new owner. Been running 2 cars and the Jags costing too much in bits that go wrong, so much as I love it its got to go. Fully intend to get a newer one in a year or two.

Cougar looks a really good car for now and not too slow after the jag and practical too.

Fingers crossed Ive bought a good one.

Papa

It should be a good one if its only done 45,000 miles, welcome to the club and sure you'll love the cougar, we love our Blurple (y) (y)

good luck mate - they are good motors and if you've got a years ticket and service history you should be larfing.

Enjoy

Welcome, you will find a wealth of knowledge here. If my research is correct the V6 Duratec was at one point used in the Jaguar X-Type, so either way you look at it, you will still drive one type of cat!

Welcome, you will find a wealth of knowledge here. If my research is correct the V6 Duratec was at one point used in the Jaguar X-Type, so either way you look at it, you will still drive one type of cat!

Yep it was, shame they dont fit the 3ltr V6 from the X type in the cougar....that really goes well! Was looking at an X type estate instead of the Cougar, but still quite pricey for the spec, engine that I wanted. Have to say the Cougar is a lot of car for the money!

hello and welcome mate.

p.s i have a tow bar if you need one

May be interested in your tow bar. Are they easy to fit to Cougars? Drop me a PM with what you are looking for it and once I have the car and get settled I'll get back to you.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to the club (madhouse) great bunch on here and a few laughs to be had along the way,loads of info no manuals made for cougar but all the info is either in subscriber section or the members are both knowledgeable and helpful,as well as a little mad:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: is this the one from fulham, i was keeping an eye on it,thinking about it as well
Tony (y)

Hi and welcome to the club (madhouse) great bunch on here and a few laughs to be had along the way,loads of info no manuals made for cougar but all the info is either in subscriber section or the members are both knowledgeable and helpful,as well as a little mad:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: is this the one from fulham, i was keeping an eye on it,thinking about it as well
Tony (y)

It is indeed. Pick up now tomorrow.

Hi from a fellow newbie, I reckon this was on my list this weekend as well, on the a'trader and Pistonheads, guy called Jonathan, looked very nice, a few sensibleish mods and good mileage but he never rang me back...

So I bought a Black one instead.

Hi from a fellow newbie, I reckon this was on my list this weekend as well, on the a'trader and Pistonheads, guy called Jonathan, looked very nice, a few sensibleish mods and good mileage but he never rang me back...

So I bought a Black one instead.

Yup thats him. Only prob is its not been serviced in about 15k 1.5years. So its off to the chap whos been maintaining my XK for the last 2 years next week for the once over and service. Same as the X type engine wise, so no problems there. Not keen on any of themods tbh, so they will all be going asap. Only thing I want to do is add st170 alloys which look a little nicer and fill the arches better and a tow bar for the spring for a bit of occasional boating.

Welcome to UKC.com Papa, sorry to hear you had to part with your Jag, but you're absolutely 100% right, the Cougar is indeed a lot of car for the money & growing increasingly rarer on the road, so what you now own is quite exclusive.;)

I hope you enjoy your cat.(y)