New Owner in Wiltshire saying hello

I have seen a couple around - I was surprised to see one in Chippenham opposite HALFRAUDS on Sun so I had to park next to it:smile5:

So to the silver V6, thanks for the forum leaflet! (nice to get one from an enthusiast even though I have joined already - shows it's a friendly club).

Your picture's in Cougar Spotting thread - Quicksilver is a nice guy, well everyone is :yesnod: :yesnod:

Hello and welcome to the club and also to the home of the OFS. Hope to see you at one of the meets (would be interested to see this Mi16 too)

Hi and welcome to the club (madhouse) great bunch on here and a few laughs to be had along the way,loads of info no manuals made for cougar but all the info is either in subscriber section or the members are both knowledgeable and helpful,as well as a little mad:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: parts come up quite often in wanted and on ebay at times
Tony (y)

Took the Cat for a long run Sat-Sun (had only done 180 miles since I bought it!!). my thoughts so far:

1. Shape still stands out, draws the eye to it's lines (Mate of mine who is a long standing old and bold garage owner and mechanic was admiring it and that says something) and still holds its own in the looks dept.

2. Cruises superbly on the motorway but needs cruise control to stop excess speed!

3. Need to work out power band for best acceleration as the zetec is more of a cruiser (yes a 2.5 would be better but...)

4. Would like larger diam wheels when the time comes to replace the tyres to make the most of the stance.

5. The standard radio (took it out to replace it, discovered it was virtually brand new and put it back in - have a ISO adapter and plate avail) works very well with the Connects2 ipod oem cd adapter and sounds fine.

6. Need to fit a reversing camera due to cocnerns over reversing into summit! (did the same to my defender so easy mod).

That about sums it up!

Your picture's in Cougar Spotting thread - Quicksilver is a nice guy, well everyone is :yesnod: :yesnod:

Here it is Brian; good to meet you, so to speak (y)

TwoCats2.jpg

Hi Brian! Do you have any more news about whether you can come to both or either of these meets? You will be very welcome. :smile5::smile5:

Possibly 24th but I will need to check as I have half convinced the wife to let me go away with the guys at work for a cultural:smile5: barge trip through oxfordshire same weekend for a week (can you be drunk in charge of a canal boat?) so, I don't wish to push my luck!!

It's only 20 mins away so i will get entry myself and meet up if going rather than say yes and muck up the figures.

:smile5: