New owner Stupid questions

S

Steve Badham

Here's a stupid question how do you set the clock - theres a big button on the left and three little ones on the right that seem to make it flash but nothing seems to change the time.

Also there's an orange picture of a man in front of an air bag lighting up on the dash - is that bad? I haven't noticed any inflated air bags on the dash.

Does anyone have a electronic version of the manual they could upload (or a link to somewhere it is already posted).

Thanks in advance.

Setting the Clock;

Switch on the ignition.
Press the clock button
Press the units button until Hour is in the display then press reset to change between 12 and 24 hour format.
To save the setting press the clock button again.
To set the hours press the clock button,
Press the units button till the hours flashes then press the reset button to advance to the correct hour then press the clock button to save.
To set the minutes press the clock button,
Press the units button till the minutes flash then press the reset button to set to the correct time then press the clock button to save.

As for your airbag light being on all the time suggests there is a malfunction somewhere. The handbook suggests having it checked by a Ford Dealer.

hi and welcome to ukcougarforum.com there is a thread somewhere with a link to a pdf format downloadable manual

It stays on, it is lit up orange. Is an airbag easy to fix - I imagine not!

Depends on the fault.
The Cougar has 4 airbags in total !

Start by checking the wires/connections under the seats to see if there is an issue there.

After that.....well...i have no idea aside from getting bobster to read the diagnostic error code which should hopefully tell you the exact problem.