new pipes

JJ

Well-known user
Sep 10, 2004
Manchester
decided I didn't like the TVR pipes as soon as they went on so been saving for a few weeks and finally got some new ones, now to say they are loud is not even close think rally car at full chat with the pops and bangs on overrun and your somewhere near!! going to try and convince John (iirc aweful memory) to make up one of those fancy infills that fully fit the gap to make it look more merc cls style but I am most pleased with the result.

Currently got a book running at work on the time it takes to get pulled with them lol.

c426fc6d.jpg

JJ

Not sure mate they may be the same or similar to Casscoug's they are raked from top to bottom so follow the shape of the bumper fairly well and rolled in slightly.

Much happier with them than the TVR ones.

JJ

JJ, they look the nuts mate.....however (you knew there'd be one! lol).....errrr...Vid of NOISE please!!!! LOL... You can't just describe in one sentence what they sound like...we need to hear them...come on...I've got my stereo speakers plugged in ready....lol

Oh and how many days before Mr Plod does you...reckon on two...lol

I need to find somewhere without a house for like 2 miles and thats no exageration!! lol (ok maybe a little) but I don't have anyone handy to rev it while I video from behind as soon as I can I will get one up for you to listen.

JJ

S-M-A-R-T..Jas, i've seen them before, maybe casscougar's cat, not sure. If the pipes are too loud and disturb the residents, try turning your stereo on to drown the noise a bit...:angel::):beer:

I need to find somewhere without a house for like 2 miles and thats no exageration!! lol (ok maybe a little) but I don't have anyone handy to rev it while I video from behind as soon as I can I will get one up for you to listen.

JJ

JJ, you need to get out onto a "quiet" road (I mean private race track...obviously!lol) and take Kully with you or Kate...then get them to vid while you floor it i.e. do some standing vids..tick over and then one taking off and then one coming back towards the camera :)

Right phone didn't pick it up that well and I think I understand some Polish words after being approached by a rather upset Polish trucker who was trying to sleep ( I think at least going on his gesturing) oops!!! here is a short clip of it.

Um yeah sorry Mark it is loud lol can't wait for fixit pt2 !!, thanks guys I really am glad I changed them the TVR ones were not really what I was after style wise anymore and have just been bugging me for a while, it is a shame as the TVR ones really sounded deep and meaty without being too loud.

Looks wise I am really pleased a lot more subtle and I guess will surprise a lot of people upon start up with the volume!.

JJ

Jealous Jase - dead jealous mate - that sounds sooooooooooooooooo sweet - just how I want mine - looks the danglies as well (y)

PS Where did you get it done??

Done by my local garage mate tails came off of eBay just chopped tvr cans off and added some pipework to get them in the right position.

JJ