New style

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobster1982

Club Member
Aug 9, 2007
Grimsby
I thought it was about time to give Ukcougar a new look. I have been working on this for a few weeks and was going to release it after the xmas theme but I thought I would let you lot loose on it now. There are a few bugs. User profiles are a little messed up and the garage needs some tinkering but this is the first time I have a good go at doing templates in vbulletin 4 and it is a hell of a lot different to version 3 that we used to be on.

If you spot any bugs apart from the above then post them up in the debug section and I will do my best to sort them.

Rob

Once i get used to the forum scrolling over the background, i think i'll enjoy it. The overall "look" is good, and well done that man for designing it, a proper cougar forum front end (y)
Maybe a few colour tweaks/changes would help, especially in the menu systems.

Pid_16V Supermad! :LOL:

I picked the orange as it went well with the gradients I used for the semi transparent windows.. as for the owner of the cougar im not sure!

my 2p.
hate it. to fussy. difficult to read and a nightmare to use on my mobile. (where i read the forum from mostly)
i did like the Xmas theme tho so what do i know.
i do prefer a cleaner look.

can i ask how its fussy? there are no more windows or buttons.. the only thing different is semi transparent windows and an image for a background..

I use it in tapatalk on my phone so I don't have that problem when I do use safari on my phone it is very slightly hard to use than the old theme but not something I would describe as an issue tbh.

JJ

Well it's certainly more eyecatching than before. Would be better with a C2 in the background though......

Coats on and I'm off......

Still the problem getting into threads Rob, like it wont finish loading, if i try it a few times, then click the back button then sometimes it works but not all, must be summat to do with my software cos i couldnt get into FB for over a week a couple of weeks back, but summat i uploaded changed the settings on that and it came back so god knows, short of that i really like it

It'll take a bit of getting used to, but I said that when we got the (then) new forum software. I like it, it makes the site look much more slick and modern.

It has certainly brightened it up & given the forum a modern feel, but i'm really struggling reading the threads with the different coloured background coming through, is this just me, i know my eyes arn't the best anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.