New US advert with cougars

I think i posted this on here already right? On the Cougar on Tele thread. Saw this whilst out here in the US and thought it was the Cat (y)

Mistake is, the one on the left is Right-Hand Drive :D

I think i posted this on here already right? On the Cougar on Tele thread. Saw this whilst out here in the US and thought it was the Cat (y)

I'm confused, why would the left hand one be a mistake just coz it's a right hand drive? Does it matter whether its left or right hand drive? What am I missing??? confused.com

I think it's the fact that there is no sculpture crease at the lower half of the door like you would normally find on our Cougs.

I'm confused, why would the left hand one be a mistake just coz it's a right hand drive? Does it matter whether its left or right hand drive? What am I missing??? confused.com

I think it's the fact that there is no sculpture crease at the lower half of the door like you would normally find on our Cougs.

What i meant was that its a US advert and obviously here they drive left hand drive and when you see the airbag deploy the car on the left is a right hand drive, i guess its not wierd but strange they have a right hand drive car on a US advert, where did they get the right hand drive Cat from? hmmmmmm

Yes, but i thought it deserved a thread of it's own as there are a couple of points to note. Good spot with the lhd/rhd airbags (y)

They are there Tim, just take a closer look mate (y)

btw, the airbags isn't the only difference. The mistake is more blindingly obvious, or maybe it should be called a "MOD"?

Ginja wins!

they are the 15" standard US alloys.. the poverty spec cougar over there does also come with drum brakes on the rear.

Their idea of a sports kit ACE is fitting our standard suspension and brakes :stop: one of my friends on Facebook from the states was actually considering fitting the 15's again because it would handle better than it would on the 17's he has fitted already...:oops::oops:

There's more... (I think). Did US spec Cougars not have orange reflectors in the headlights? I thought the white ones were Euro-spec only.

Damn! I looked at the alloys and thought "nah, that's too bleeding obvious!"...lol...how wrong can one be? lol

Also done some homework on GEICO and have found they are here in the UK too, which is possibly where they got the European Coug's from.

GEICO INTERNATIONAL (UK)
  • BUILDING 949, RAF LAKENHEATH
    IP27 9PN BRANDON , SUFFOLK

Damn! I looked at the alloys and thought "nah, that's too bleeding obvious!"...lol...how wrong can one be? lol

Also done some homework on GEICO and have found they are here in the UK too, which is possibly where they got the European Coug's from.

GEICO INTERNATIONAL (UK)
  • BUILDING 949, RAF LAKENHEATH
    IP27 9PN BRANDON , SUFFOLK

I believe this is a US air base (There are a the two biggest Lakenheath and Mildenhall here in Suffolk) and thats why I would assume they had the US insurance company over here, also as the two bases are pretty close by. The advert is also not for GEICO, its for 21st Century, they use GEICO as the example, showing they offer the same cover but cheaper :D I have been watching too much US TV these last couple weeks!

I believe this is a US air base (There are a the two biggest Lakenheath and Mildenhall here in Suffolk) and thats why I would assume they had the US insurance company over here, also as the two bases are pretty close by. The advert is also not for GEICO, its for 21st Century, they use GEICO as the example, showing they offer the same cover but cheaper :D I have been watching too much US TV these last couple weeks!

Mate, you wanna be careful...you'll end up with square eyes!! lol

3604719240_c7fa064c15_z.jpg