Newbie again

lazybones

Well-known user
Mar 31, 2009
Loughborough
Just thought i'd introduce myself, my name is Tony and I'd like to say Hi and i've just bought a V6 auto Burple i think he said the colour was referred to, from another forum member on here, he suggested i introduce myself, it has a number of tasteful mods done with some parts or kits that are not readily available any more, had to wait till i made sure money/cheque cleared as i didn't want to jinx sale with my luck, won't be picking for a while, but look forward to driving, this is the second cat i've bought and not driven either yet so i hope there as good as i hear, the members name was phil robbo sometimes referred to as Mr Stabby from what i hear :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

THANKS AGAIN PHIL LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING IT (y)(y)

Last edited:
Hiya Tony, congrats on your purchase, that's a good looking Cat you've got there. At least the speculation has ended now.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

hiya tony well done mate you know the rules never part with the cash till you have the car lol

to be honest haven't really had a go or seen car much, saw it at xmas time and the pictures,and everyone says how good it is and like a few members on here, phil sems to be a good honest person, it was all done by email within a short space of time, didn't want to lose out on such a car with a good reputation, thought it wouldn't be on offer long, right time right place

phils spot on but i guess you havent heard the latest rumour that he has just bought a tai bride and has eloped with her lol

I honestly hope the car gives Tony as much pleasure as it has given me, after five and a half years of ownership its never let me down mechanically, the usual battery replacement and brakes is the sum total of any problems I`ve had, In my honest opinion the Cougar must be one of the best cars made by Ford, I can not fathom why they never carried on with development of newer models.
I don`t get attached to inanament objects such as cars, but selling this one has given me a slight touch of sadness, a lot of that is linked to the fact that the Cougar is the catalyst in having made so many good friends on this forum. Di has had a few tears over it going, says its the only car she has ever enjoyed driving, she says she will miss the luxury of the car, especially the heated seats and the outside temperature guage ... :confused: not a mention of any of my modifications :frown5:
I`ll give it a good wash & polish inside & out and put in the new mats before Tony comes for it. (y)

Well done Tony, you caught a good one there, one of the best imo.

Now for the obligatory intro: :D

Hi and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

You'll be in good company (y)

Thank god its in safe hands. Congratulations Tony, had you not moved so fast you could well have lost it. Perhaps we`ll see you with a Cat at the mext meet. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

has anyone noticed that is the first serious post phil has made for a while least you know it will be in good hands

congrats Tony on your new car sure you will get many miles out of the cat

Phil is a little on the old side but does look after his cars (y)

Di has had a few tears over it going, says its the only car she has ever enjoyed driving, she says she will miss the luxury of the car, especially the heated seats and the outside temperature guage ... :confused: not a mention of any of my modifications :frown5:
I`ll give it a good wash & polish inside & out and put in the new mats before Tony comes for it. (y)

years ago the wife was happy so long as it was red, didn't matter what make model etc so long as it was red
Hi and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

You'll be in good company (y)

might be able to get Grandfather right on this :LOL::LOL:

Thank god its in safe hands. Congratulations Tony, had you not moved so fast you could well have lost it. Perhaps we`ll see you with a Cat at the mext meet. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

just happened on the forum at the right time, makes a change for me to be in right time and right place, must mean something else will go wrong, and it would be nice to turn up in a cat for a change :LOL::LOL:
but always made welcome by everyone when i didn't (y)

dont forget to post pics of your cat lol

may have to borrow a few from Phil for the moment :LOL::LOL: