nice bodykit

S

sc9ar

courtesy of ebay.de
image.php

looks pretty sweet id say. should pull some awesome downforce with the rear that low and the diffuser that could so easily be made functional. coupled with the spoiler and it is crazy - if only it could use that downforce eh?

I really like that, like you said, without that stupid spoiler!!!

if it was possible to get hold of the kit in person, a modification to the diffueser and knocking up a simple undertray of the right length would great improve the handling. the spoiler is un-necesary yet im not sure how the rest would look without one. i think it needs a spoiler for cosmetic reasons yet not a huge drag inducing one like they fitted. shame the cougar has such an awkward shaped rear ;) not very spoiler friendly

why not just buy an aftermarket diffuser? or was it the looks you were going for?

That bumper looks similar to the Wings West Cougar2 one.....as for the spoiler :LOL: ...RichK's car should show you that the Cougar looks good with out a rear spoiler (I don't have one either)

I'd much prefer a bumper and bonnet like this:

A spoiler like this:

A rear bumper like this:

Door air intakes and skirting like this:

Forward air intakes like this:

Headlight covers:

Mirrors like this:

And wheels like this:

All in metallic black, of course! :cool:

I've always liked the classic hot rod, large wheels at the back, small wheels at the front look:

So I'd widen both the front wheels and rear wheels by trying to either widen the wheel arches or add flares like so:

I understand they make flared wheel arches for the Puma, so they'd be something like them.

the puma in the picture like the rest have purpose for having wider tracks. for cosmetic reasons, it could easily be done but youd want to space out the wheels first before considering widening panels to know how much play you have.

even with a fwd car, the extra grip you will achieve with a wider track will be quite substantial. are you planning on keeping it fwd? shaggers had the quickest car on here wit ha wider track, maintained fwd and handled very well from what ive read.

the only trouble is, fitting larger wheels to the rear could give you handling problems with a fwd car. all of the above are rear wheel drive bar the puma which is 4x4 for rallying. fitting more width to the rear would increase handling due to the driven wheels having a higher percentage of grip. doing this the wrong way round will create braking problems.

dont let that put you off though, i doubt everyday driving would experience these problems as such.

do what you like, what you want and most importantly - dont let anybody tell you different :D :D

Actually, I was going to bring that up at some point on the boards. I know that there's a front wheel drive version 'cause I saw one drive off the other day with a wheel spin, and you yourself have said there's a 4x4 version, but is there a conventional rear wheel drive version?

Actually, I was going to bring that up at some point on the boards. I know that there's a front wheel drive version 'cause I saw one drive off the other day with a wheel spin, and you yourself have said there's a 4x4 version, but is there a conventional rear wheel drive version?

regular pumas and road going racing pumas are all fwd. although - no rally puma on the planet will be fwd as you cannot get the cornering force :)

there will be plenty of 4wd versions, although i doubt there will be any rwd conversions as the 4x4 system would be better :)

Thats the spoiler i have your all so mean :sad: Mine will look better though cause of the Rousch kit (y)

dont get me wrong - im very much the fan of spoilers, being a motorsport engineer they are a fundamental part of a cars aerodynamics. just rememeber that adding a rear spoiler thats large to a fwd car will cause a stability inbalance- any rear wing needs to be compensated by a front splitter to create suction at the front. a rear diffuser would also create more downforce to balance the downforce across the car :)

a fwd car nees most downforce at the front to maintain traction :)

regular pumas and road going racing pumas are all fwd. although - no rally puma on the planet will be fwd as you cannot get the cornering force :)

there will be plenty of 4wd versions, although i doubt there will be any rwd conversions as the 4x4 system would be better :)

Nah, nah, I meant Cougars. I've seen a Cougar with fwd and you yourself said Cougars also come with 4x4. So are there any rwd Cougars?