Not a Cougar owner, yet!

Thanks Scunny but that's a 300 mile round trip! There's plenty of Cougars within 60 miles of here under £1k but I REALLY need to get rid of the Hyundai first :( I've contacted a few dealers that I'm waiting to hear back from in regards to part/ex but, from past experience, they won't offer anything like what I want.

try the ebay route. I know there are a lot of hard luck stories with ebay, but I have always sold my cars on there.

Also try pistonheads, its free!

Just be realistic with the price you are after!

As for the round trip, its worth doing the distance to get the right car.

We have a few members in that neck of the woods, perhaps someone might be able to give it a once over for you?

I am travelling a good distance to pick up my third cougar next weekend. It will be worth it

try the ebay route. I know there are a lot of hard luck stories with ebay, but I have always sold my cars on there.

Also try pistonheads, its free!

Just be realistic with the price you are after!

As for the round trip, its worth doing the distance to get the right car.

We have a few members in that neck of the woods, perhaps someone might be able to give it a once over for you?

I am travelling a good distance to pick up my third cougar next weekend. It will be worth it

I know it's worth travelling for the right car, but I've not ruled out the closer options. There are some pretty nice looking ones with FSH and around 80k miles which are probably perfect.

I've tried selling her on ebay before... got up to about £2900? She's on pistonheads already too. I'm just about to try ebay again but my fingers aren't crossed! I have sold two cars on ebay before with no trouble (including my probe) but this Hyundai doesn't want to shift.

the one thing I would say is don't get too caught up with the mileage side of things. A car with 100k on the clock which has been looked after, can often be a better option than a car with 50k on the clock that has only ever seen town centre roads.

If you can get the best of both worlds, thats great, but my advice is widen your search on the mileage front....v6's are good for very high mileage if very well looked after.

Well mileage isn't foremost on my mind as I'll probably end up having the engine reconditioned (if not replaced by the ST200 lump) when the mods are done.

exactly.

As Mo-Fo (Iain) has quite rightly pointed out, you can get a good cougar with a knackered engine for peanuts. You may be best looking for one with rocketship mileage.

Your big bills on a cougar are (inclusive of) wishbones; clutch; alternator.

Check them!

welcome to the forum, I have mainly modded the look of my cougar only performance upgrades are a straight through decatted s/s exhaust and an induction kit. Plan was to drop a V8 engine in but due to employment problems in the near future I am going to sort my V6 to run better starting with a lightened aluminium flywheel and stage 4 performance clutch kit. its not a slouch at the moment but it needs a remap so might change the ecu aswell. Goodluck with the sale and i hope to see you with a cougar at some of the meets soon (y)

V8 sounds interesting but I wasn't planning on going that crazy :p Were you going to do some kind of RWD/4WD conversion as well or try to put 500bhp through just the front wheels? :p

Bids at £123 on the Coupe so far ... but only a day gone so keeping the fingers crossed.

No problem :) I'll definitely take a look when I do subscribe. Things are looking up slightly as I've already had someone come and have a look at the Coupe and there's 8 watchers on ebay within the first day