Old & poss new.

G

Guru

Hello again.

Although I've had a Cougar for almost seven years, I haven't been on here much - redundancy a few years back meant the Cougar wasn't top priority, and although it was fairly well looked after once I was back on the up, it's had to become a high mileage-r as a result, and is now on its last legs.

So, have all but decided to get another one! Slightly ridiculous given the mileage I'm doing, but it's too good a car!

Anyway, found one I like, had a drive, all seems ok. Only alarm bell is the fact that it's a Y plate, but is a Cougar 1 - seems odd, as I thought it'd be Cougar 2 by then. Other Y plates I see seem all to be Cougar 2's - can anyone reassure me?

I also think it's likely to have previously belonged to a club member - it's been de-Forded, spoilered, and has a Cougar gearknob.

So, as a bit of a long shot - anyone remember a Silver Y Reg 2.5 X Pack?
:eek6:

My first Cougar was a Y plate and was a C1 (an ex demonstrator first registered on March 13th 2001) so they are out there mate, no need for the alarm bells to ring.

Nothing to be suspicious about Guru, there are Cougar 1's (well, I've seen a couple) on 51 plates. It's more about when it was registered, rather than when it was built. I personally don't know the car though, maybe someone else can help with that.:)

Hi Guru. :D

Even though the C2 was released during X reg there were plently of unsold C1's knocking around Ford compounds at that time.
So there's plenty of Y reg C1's and even a few 51 plates too.

Hi and welcome to ukcougar.com, your in the right place for all things cougar related, as well as some crazy banter. You will also be able to find all the fixes you need in our subscriber sections. Have a browse around the open forums and get a feel for the place, maybe pay a visit to the OFS. Remember! ukcougar.com is the only workshop manual for the big cat.

Post up the cars reg if you have it, we can check the reg no's to see if it was logged on here previously.

Post up the cars reg if you have it, we can check the reg no's to see if it was logged on here previously.

Thanks for the welcome - I did post a fair bit about 6 years ago when I first got one, so I know how good you lot are. Sadly at the time that the subs was introduced I was really strapped and never got round to it - if this new one comes off that will change!

Anyway - I did think of posting the reg, but it's on Ebay and I don't want to encourage any more interest if possible! :wink5:

(plus of course it may have been on a private plate when logged on here)

cars can lay in storage for years before registered,i had the last registered nissan bluebird in scotland and when i got my mate to do a vin check on it for me we discovered it had been in storage for 2 years after been built!

A mate of mine's got a 52 plate Mk2 Mondie. I thought the last of those sold at Y reg until I saw his.
It's a bit of an odd one too, it has 'Ghia ST200' on the log book. :eek6:
In reality it's a Ghia with standard V6 engine (shame), RSA pack body kit, ST200 twin exhaust and ST200 wheels. That's how it left the factory.

A mate of mine's got a 52 plate Mk2 Mondie. I thought the last of those sold at Y reg until I saw his.
It's a bit of an odd one too, it has 'Ghia ST200' on the log book. :eek6:
In reality it's a Ghia with standard V6 engine (shame), RSA pack body kit, ST200 twin exhaust and ST200 wheels. That's how it left the factory.

From the sound of it that could well be a 'Police Spec' ST200 - there are a few on 51 and 02 plates hanging about (something to do with an order by a force for ST200's that they didn't collect on so there were a few late ones unregistered) (y)

Either that, or one of the last MKII Mondeo's made, that they fitted with whatever they had laying about in the factory.

Welcome back to the fold Guru. Hope you find the right Coug for you. A nice C1 on a Y plate - very nice indeed.

Collecting tomorrow.

:smile5:

Pics to follow, while it still looks good (well, as good as a silver one can...;) )

Collecting tomorrow.

:smile5:

Pics to follow, while it still looks good (well, as good as a silver one can...;) )

:incazzato::nono:, did you win that one of ebay guru, had a quick look, it was the one with the stainless exhaust?? , looked quite tasty, (y)