Photoshop help needed please

What type of rear lights should i have with my Cougar S spoiler?

• Tinted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Painted

• Pearl Effect

• Total voters
Z

Z EX

I am undecided on what to do wit my rear lights when i have the Cougar S spoiler fitted.

It appears i have 3 options,

1. Tinting, i have done this on a few of my cars in the past but am unsure wether it would suit a silver car.

2. Painting, same as fitting light covers, without actually fitting the covers, if you know what i mean.

3. Pearl base coat, this is my fave option and has already been done by one of our French members. The pictures below are from ImBolK's car. Would it be possible for someone show what these lights would look like on a silver car?

CougarPearlRearLights.jpg

DSC03411.jpg

Many thanks in advance
Ian

I'd go for a red tint personally.

I like the "could be OEM" look. I like to look different without looking "modified" which is fairly synonymous with bad taste.

I also think the original Cougar S with it's red triangular lights made better use of the Cougar's lines than the same thing with the lights painted.

Just my 2p

jamie_duff said:
I also think the original Cougar S with it's red triangular lights made better use of the Cougar's lines than the same thing with the lights painted.

You make a very good point Jamie and one i hadn't considered until now.

I've just had a good look at some pics of the Concept Cougar S and you know what, it might just work AND keep me completely legal to boot.

Ian

Swissy said:
Did you see mine at the weekend Ian ?

I certainly did, they look fab. But as with all my poll suggestions there is the worry that my car will not be strictly legal due to the covering of the rear reflectors.

I know that a number of owners have gone down this path without any problems, but it would be just my luck that i would get a ticket.

I'm starting to come around to the idea of just sticking the spoiler straight on without changing the lights at all. I can always change my mind later if i don't like the results.

Ian

No probs with mine mate, flew thru MOT, but I did have some small sticky reflectors to hand just in case!

P018powerflowfitted.jpg

TBH I don't know why you want to paint anything Ian. Looks perfectly all right as it is I think. As you said yourself you can change your mind later if you want to.

Now just get out there and put the spoiler on - no more procrastinating!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :wink: :wink:

Biff said:
No probs with mine mate, flew thru MOT, but I did have some small sticky reflectors to hand just in case!

Thats what i was told, pop into Halfords and buy a pair of stick on red reflectors if you think the MOT might be an issue.
Easy removed afterwards.
Had no probs with my last MOT without any.

Why not tint them red, and put a light coat of pearl over the top?? That would be different! And quite cool!! :wink:

jamie_duff said:
As God intended......

coug7.jpg

The lines of the spoiler follow the lines of the lights perfectly - why change anything??? Any changes to colour will make the lines less defined. :D :D

BTW - Great pic Jamie.

no worrys fella anytime i went down the tinted route when my car was silver

594866_10_full.jpg

thanks fella cant wait to have the money to do it in the new color !!!!