pic request : engine bay

Apologies Paul, but i just had to get this in before somebody else did it :smilewinkgrin:

IMAG0033.jpg

Al he said with all the engine removed not HALF the engine removed :LOL:

Paul might have a pic from when we removed Beggers20's engine will have a look (mind you he did have a slight front ender)
Nope Sorry mate :(

Al he said with all the engine removed not HALF the engine removed :LOL:

Paul might have a pic from when we removed Beggers20's engine will have a look (mind you he did have a slight front ender)
Nope Sorry mate :(

Matt, thats the one i was referring to, don't you remember? Oh no you weren't there was you :rolleyes5:
When we got the V6 lump out, James leaned into the empty engine bay, and with a lot of thought said " It looks like a zetec" :skep:.....:hand: :LOL:
Which reminds me, i might have a photo of Scotts engine bay when we did his swap last year. :idea:

EDIT:

This is all i have:

IMAG0021.jpg

Last edited:
Matt, thats the one i was referring to, don't you remember? Oh no you weren't there was you :rolleyes5:
When we got the V6 lump out, James leaned into the empty engine bay, and with a lot of thought said " It looks like a zetec" :skep:.....:hand: :LOL:
Which reminds me, i might have a photo of Scotts engine bay when we did his swap last year. :idea:

EDIT:

This is all i have:

IMAG0021.jpg

Thanks Al that is a big help, just need to measure the firewall now and work out how much i can loose lol

Havn't bought one yet Jamie but looking in some detail at a hemi small block possibly even a mopar, I have noticed that most the engines shown fitted are in cars with a longer front end than the cougar but don't fill completely. working off cubic size i think it will be possible to crowbar in a 355ci with little moddification to the engine bay, am just looking to see if a big block V8 could be made to fit. will keep you updated as may require your advice (y)

From the looks of this one, maybe Jamie & Procomm are looking to TEACH the yanks how to do it Paul............c'mon the Brits, let's see some bulldog spirit & the kinda ingenuity this country has shown time & again!:)

Good luck on this guys, if you can pull this one outta the hat..............nuff respect!(y)

So, with the V8, is gonna be a rear wheel drive car? or still front wheel drive?? I seem to remember Jamie saying something last year about the dimensions of the Cougar being all wrong for rear wheel drive???

Make it all-wheel drive instead? Then you'll have no problems with traction. :)

it is proving difficult to find a 4x4 system to fit the cougar, fitting the engine in is the easy part thats just gentle moddification lol transmission and drive are somewhat more difficult.

I have spoken to a few of the guys in america and canada, one guy tried and got a fair way through the modding process but then something happened in his personal life and he had to stop