Polished teh car, so here's a few pic's.

ste_eck

Well-known user
May 11, 2008
Took the car back to the bodyshop yesterday as I wern't happy with a couple of area's that hadn't been buffed up properly. I also had a moan about swirl marks, visable when freshly polished. They did the buffing there and then and then Sean the owner gave me a bottle of stuff called Finesse made by 3M. Its a cutting polish similar to T-Cut but with no amonia. The stuff is fanstastic, without much elbow grease I had the whole car gleaming in an hour and no swirl marks anywhere. Here's the pic's:

26092008512.jpg

26092008513.jpg

26092008514.jpg

26092008515.jpg

26092008516.jpg

26092008517.jpg

26092008518.jpg

26092008519.jpg

26092008520.jpg

26092008521.jpg

Dont look at the wheels or the windows, I didn't get that far with the cleaning!

Cheers

Ste

Looks fantastic mate, I wish my car was that pristine. Only suggestion I can make is remove the headlight covers, but thats just me...

That looks fantastic, i do agree with V6 Cougar London though about the headlight covers

Looks fantastic Ste (y), the little fiesta in the pics isnt looking as healthy I must say...

PS. I think I would remove the front covers/masks too "maybe keep them for Halloween" :ihih:

nice and shiny mate is that reg a private plate as you must be lucky to ave got it also how do you like the blueflame as i have one and it aint deep enough at tickover for me :confused:

nice and shiny mate is that reg a private plate as you must be lucky to ave got it also how do you like the blueflame as i have one and it aint deep enough at tickover for me :confused:

Cheers m8, the reg is a private plate, my car was originally on a V plate (2000). Bought it from DVLA website approx 18 months ago for ?ú250 which includes the ?ú80 transfer fee, bargain I thought! It did cost me an extra ?ú25 to keep the the reg as DVLA only hold them on retention for you for 12 months, so you have to pay ?ú25/year to keep it until you transfer it onto a taxed, mot and insured vehicle. I like the blueflame m8, I like its sound on tickover and its sound as you floor the car. Best bit about the blueflame though is it quietens down at higher rev's so on motorways there no droning noise from the exhaust.

Will post some more pic's up tomorrow as I've finished refitting the interior.

Cheers

Ste