Review: 5/5 Prospark Ignition Lead Set - V6

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
Description:

These are OEM-spec ignition leads. They don't promise any fancy performance, fuel benefits, or anything like that. They are basically just reverse-engineered Motorcraft leads that meet Ford's spec and are ridiculously cheap.

Good Points:

The diameter is correct, if slightly over by 1mm. They fit the standard guides.

The lengths are correct and reach where they should do. :EDIT: I should add that they click home better than the standard ones do, at both ends!

They allow a strong and consistent spark, assuming the rest of your ignition system is healthy.

They're made in the UK for Euro Car Parts apparently - meaning that they have fine control over quality and accountability if they're crap.

Bad Points:

This company has been around for at least a decade, but that might not be long enough for people to trust them. Trust must be earned and... well I'm just being skeptical and trying to find something to be negative about. Seems like our non-Ford cousins have loved them since 2012.

I have no idea whether "Ford-spec" means that they will last for any length of time.

Conclusion:

My 19-year-old original leads had their own problems which these replacements have fixed. But all they've done is bring Tiger back to what she should be.

So I'm not claiming anything other than this: These are reliable leads which will give your Cougar (or Mondeo) her original performance without going into 3 figures. I didn't need performance, so this is really great.

Price and source:

£29.99 from here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MON...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here's the box:

heTzEXl.jpg

Last edited:
jesus thats cheap, my supplier at cost +10% staff discount was like £60. not sure on the set. i think my leads have seen better days so may look into them

jesus thats cheap, my supplier at cost +10% staff discount was like £60. not sure on the set. i think my leads have seen better days so may look into them

I hope that the review helps you!

If they only last for 5 years - and I think they easily should - you'll still be ahead of the game in terms of cost if you'd bought OEM.

I can tell you now that they've coped with cold, damp days (incluuding being frozen solid at Sam's) and have also saved me from the occasional early morning mis-shift. I'm not the only one who does that, right?

Honestly I couldn't be happier.