real rocking horse..............

pauldf1971

Well-known user
Apr 8, 2009
glasgow
....................pooh,well nearly.all ready to get put onto the cat when weather permits and a straight swap over.i repainted the struts as i dont like koni's yellow/orange colour,nice new apex springs and spring seats.painted them blue as typical ford parts rust as soon as there on the car.the bearings were fine so they got cleaned of any grit and regreased,also strut top mounts are in excellent condition so didnt warrant buying new ones.
IMGP1054.jpg

IMGP1055.jpg

IMGP1057.jpg

IMGP1056.jpg

i know al could leave them in the living room and just stare at them lol,the struts were buffed back to bare metal then 2 coats of zinc primer then about 6 coats of my favourite yellow on top.oh and look c1 rear strut top mounts lol

Very nice.

I take it you imported them from America?
When i was looking for some Konis for Thundercat, Koni UK wouldn't help me at all. Said they were only available in America, so i had to import them. Right pain in the *** as due to the weight the shipping was very expensive.

Paul

fortunatley for me paul someone else had that hassle,i came accross them by pure chance and without the expense,i know you turn the adjuster at the top for the ride settings paul and have to do the rears off the car,how did you go about setting yours?

Very nice mate almost as rare as info on the C2 from Ford ..;) (see other thread) the C1 top mounts cost me £117 approx from Ford as you have to fit them when lowering a C2....such is the way of the world.

well fitted the rear struts this afternoon along with a new trailing arm and chassis mounting bracket as it was totally rusted through and ready to break.will do the fronts tomorrow i hope

first time attempting rear struts on a ford,took me a tad over 3 hours to do both plus the trailing arm and bracket,so maybe if i had started at 10am instead of 3pm i might have had it all done lol

thats what took me so long waiting for the penetrating fluid to work on the pinchbolts as they havent been touched before,but already have 4 new ones to replace them