Roadside Emission Tests /VOSA/Police

Emissions are vehicle/date dependent Rich ie: a modern cars limit is different to say a 1970's model.

To be fair 1970's vehicles don't have the emission test at all - they just have a visual inspection which is left to the discretion of the tester. (I have a 1970 Series 2a Land Rover) - and yes I am being pedantic ;)

They quite often do checks in a layby right next to a roundabout on the dual carriage way near here. I used to use the road every day and got into the habbit of getting straight into the fast lane as they only ever pulled stuff in the slow lane.

To be fair 1970's vehicles don't have the emission test at all - they just have a visual inspection which is left to the discretion of the tester. (I have a 1970 Series 2a Land Rover) - and yes I am being pedantic ;)

They quite often do checks in a layby right next to a roundabout on the dual carriage way near here. I used to use the road every day and got into the habbit of getting straight into the fast lane as they only ever pulled stuff in the slow lane.

To be fair, I didn't say they did! :angel:

There's a lot of vehicles out there not taxed, not mot'd & not insured, & when they have accidents & run off, its a big contributry factor to why we're all moaning our insurance is going up, so i say, lets have more spot checks, lots more !, if you've got nowt to hide, there's nothing to worry about. Also totally agree about the common rail diesels, if peeps wanna get them tuned to the hilt, they should have to have an emissions test whilst its being re-chippped & pay road tax accordindly, thats just another part of our selfish ( i'm alright jack, sod you ) society, that Margaret Thatcher taught us.

There's a lot of vehicles out there not taxed, not mot'd & not insured, & when they have accidents & run off, its a big contributry factor to why we're all moaning our insurance is going up, so i say, lets have more spot checks, lots more !, if you've got nowt to hide, there's nothing to worry about. Also totally agree about the common rail diesels, if peeps wanna get them tuned to the hilt, they should have to have an emissions test whilst its being re-chippped & pay road tax accordindly, thats just another part of our selfish ( i'm alright jack, sod you ) society, that Margaret Thatcher taught us.

Me like that post

I had my Coug MOT's last week and they checked the CO2 and it passed and thats without the mid box. I checked it against the emissions certificate from last year and it's only 0.007 difference (with original exhaust on) between the two. Ofcourse I have an MIJ sports cat as well as still having the 2 pre-cats. So mine is still nice and clean (y)

I may be wrong but the emmissions are not as far as I am aware a safety issue so the most i would expect they could do is tell you to get it looked at.

Thats accurate. happened to me in my old RS fezzy. had no cat but should have done. i jus laughed at him as it was a K reg motor and could be either way