Scoop & HID

And about b****y time too, looks great Phil (y)
I like the way you can see the bulge from inside the car, reminds me of my old Mustang back in the 70's :eek:ut: :rolleyes5: ;)

I`ve stuck it on, decided not to drill the bonnet, I was going to fit a strobe inside it but again decided against drilling the bonnet, Indeed painting by Mr Pid.
It looks good Phil, you will have to explain how you stuck it on because I like you, don't fancy drilling the bonnet, and i'mthinking of buying my mates scoop off him (y)

I'd appreciate seeing what's involved, it's something I'm umming and erring over but I'm a little daunted as I've heard there's cutting of stuff and soldering of wires required.

I'd appreciate seeing what's involved, it's something I'm umming and erring over but I'm a little daunted as I've heard there's cutting of stuff and soldering of wires required.

Probably true with the early kits Rich (wow i got your name right :LOL:) but these kits now are all plug n play. The only cutting needed is the access hole in the headlights rear cover, and iirc, easily acheived using a 21mm hole saw.

that is what Rob has just told me too. Still i will take some piccies anyhow. Can't do any harm can it? Who knows, I may even be able to help others out with an install at a later date....if i pay attention.

Probably true with the early kits Rich (wow i got your name right :LOL:) but these kits now are all plug n play. The only cutting needed is the access hole in the headlights rear cover, and iirc, easily acheived using a 21mm hole saw.

Correct Sir Piddler, I only had a 20mm hole saw so enlarged it with a cone cutter, only by a couple of mm and the rest is plug & play, mind you finding a bit of space to site the ballast & the controller was difficult.

Correct Sir Piddler, I only had a 20mm hole saw so enlarged it with a cone cutter, only by a couple of mm and the rest is plug & play, mind you finding a bit of space to site the ballast & the controller was difficult.

Sir Piddler, indeed :LOL:. Phil, did you bolt the ballasts to the outside edge of the headlamp tray where the welded nut is?

Got to be honest Phil and say I don't like the scoop I don't like them in general tbh but I liked your car better without, as long as you like it tho thats all that matters!

JJ