• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

scotland/northeast convoy to cougarfest

dar1976

Well-known user
Jun 14, 2009
sunderland
so dickl is travelling down from dunfermline and wogans wig will be coming from durham, so was going to suggest meeting points for convoy to cougarfest,

dick, which is best for you, meet at washington services A1, or are you coming via tyne tunnel, and what sort of time do you think you will end up in north east at, as you have a bit of a journey first.

wogans wig (paul) where is best to meet?

anyone else, most probable route will be a1, a1m, m1, m18, maybe meet some more attendees on the way,

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of the A1 services is good for me, Dar. Durham, Bradbury or Newton Park (the McDonalds/Jet garage we were at last time) - I'm only 10 minutes away from either of them so I'm easy.

It will take me a couple of hours to get to your area depending on traffic, so, what time are we looking at. I can set off from here at any time. I will be travelling down the A1, probably the best route for me.

same here day off, so any time at all, its about a 4 hour run from north east down , what time does everyone want to be there at, maybe set away lunchtime to avoid peak time traffic

That's not a problem for me. I could meet up with you at Washington Services area at around noon.

That's good for me, and if you just give me a shout when you're leaving Washington I'll make my way down to Newton Park & wait for you there, whether you're dropping in to stretch your legs/have a coffee, or just wave as you pass & I'll catch up with you (y)

Mobile number pm'd to you both.

moby received , all sorted, so meet you dick at washington services for noon and paul at newton park shortly after, (y)

Dar, just spoken to Dick, happy for the 3 of us to meet up at Durham Services at noon - that ok with you mate?

Matt, yup - we should be hitting Ferrybridge area by 1.30 - 2pm, Trowell Services Mansfield/Nottingham around an hour after that, and then Watford Gap around an hour and a half later - traffic dependant of course.

This is just a rough guide for times, we won't be necessarily stopping at these places, but if anyone wants to join on the way down, let us know where you'll be (Services or whatever) and we can swing in to meet you (y)

hi fellas! i will be at work, so may see ya all on motorways,might be lucky and catch ya at a services! so if you see a large coach flashing, it be me, have a great time! see ya !

hi fellas! i will be at work, so may see ya all on motorways,might be lucky and catch ya at a services! so if you see a large coach flashing, it be me, have a great time! see ya !

cheers jeff, shame you cant be there, will have a few cold ones for you :beer: