Side Stripes

warthog

Well-known user
Apr 30, 2006
leamington spa
Not to everyone's taste I know, but having seen some of the stripes Al (pid_16v) had done for others, I decided to go for a set. However, I wasn't keen on the same height all the way back, since the Cougar has very dart-like body lines. I went for a heightening which matches those lines. This is the result

on_car_2.jpg

Due to the angle of this shot, it rather accentuates the height effect. From the front you'd believe it was the same height all the way back, simply because the lines of the car fool you into that. In fact the rear of the stripe is 63% higher than the front.

There's also a temporary un-mod in the pic for the really observant :)

Good to see you got them on ok Chris/Tim. I've been wondering what the effect on the car would be like. Just need to see it close up first hand now (y)

Oh, and the un-mod! rear light covers? whats happening there then?

I like that. something similar in gunmetal grey for mine. did uncle al make them.

That is actually a "metallic silver" Al, it just looks more grey in the photo. Not far off a gunmetal.

Good to see you got them on ok Chris/Tim. I've been wondering what the effect on the car would be like. Just need to see it close up first hand now (y)

Oh, and the un-mod! rear light covers? whats happening there then?

The covers are in the process of being tidied up - keyhole removed, and the top where it fouls the rear Aerogear side pods better sorted.

A lot of the credit should go to Tim as well for the design of these stripes. I converted his design figures into data to produce what you now see on Chris's cat. Very subtle at different angles. (y)

now al dont be shy ,we can have the idea but it takes a good bloke to interpet it and put it into a decenant decal for all of us to appreciate

Looking great guys, yet another fantastic vinyl by Uncle Al. I'll get mine done one day...once I have that damned dent removed! and a respray done....it's all about how much impact the wallet will take! :(:LOL:

Looking good Chris, bt I think it highlights something else now.....You need some bigger wheels ;) it don't look right with the bodykit and still riding on 16's

Yup, gotta agree with ya there Matt, defo some nice 17 or 18's would do the trick. But hey, as we always say around here...each to their own.

I think that we can safely say that 'Each to their own' translates to 'I don't like it', I don't need to say that as most people already know I don't do stickers or graphics but a nice set of 18's would certainly add to the overall look Chris.