Some idiot dented my door! Ragin!

ChrisM

Well-known user
Apr 12, 2007
Berkshire
Was at braehead shopping centre on friday evening, was in for a couple of hours and when I walked back to my car I noticed this straight away:

20122008.jpg

20122008002.jpg

20122008003.jpg

20122008004.jpg

No note or anything. Thats with the worse of it poped back out, its dented in 3 places, 2 go across the seem, and the other one is half way up the door. Don't know how they managed it. It must of been some wack with a door.

There was no paint on my car, so dont know what colour of door hit it, if it was even a door that did it. Its so big I'm thinking it was some kind of blunt object, big heavy box maybe dropped when trying to get it into a car.

I feel it make the car look like a beat up piece of s**t. It might be cheaper, easier and quicker just to get another door.

Ragin!

Car parks never used to bother me with previous cars..now i park as far away as possible from other cars..drives the missus mental. Thats a bad dent being across the seam like that..i agree with JJ..get another door.

Ah mate! what a mess! Can't believe they did that much damage. Looks to me like dents from shopping trolley being rammed into the door, as the corners on shopping trolleys are quite blunt and that is why there was no paint left on your door either. That would be my guess. I've had someone hit my rear arch again - same place and a few months ago, gonna cost hundreds to put it right, so I sympathise with you mate :frown2:

bad luck mate! im in the same club as you :( a drunk bloke stumbled into mine when it was parked up and creased along the door line. Not as bad as yours though...

Its worth noting you dont have to change the entire door.. you can re skin them ;)

but its easier to locate a good second hand door , theres a few on ebay in frosty at the mo , if you re skin your door it will cost you for the panel and around 8hrs labour plus the paint and refit of the door , i say find a decent secondhand one mate

ouch chris! one of my doors has been done in at braehead too - their spaces are just too tight for all those idiots with chelsea tractors to avoid us! grrrr! also got a cracking prang in my wing from one in asda carpark.......i spotted the idiot who did it and they went like a bat outta hell to avoid me! some people just dont care

btw.......think i was parked next to your cat at asda linwood over the summer as the plate looks familiar! lol!

Thats nasty dude, do Cougars attract damage?!?!?

Someones brushed past mine with something and scratched along the drivers side wing and door :mad5::mad5::mad5: Its not took the paint off but its took the lacquer off so it looks scuffed. grrrrrr *insert swear word here best describing the kinda person that does these things*

thats a bummer m8y,wish mine was on the door,mine looks identical of yours but its on the rear passenger qauter,about ?ú350 to get put right :mad2::mad2::mad2:

If you go for a new door it may not match 100% as silver is a funny colour to match. A good body shop should be able to sort it and blend it in across the car.
The Cougar like most fords as so easy to mark, having said that my wifes Suzuki is even easier to mark.

Bummer mate,that's all you need, i try to park on my lonesome but sometimes thats not possible.
ive also seen several silver ones on ebay,

Bummer mate,that's all you need, i try to park on my lonesome but sometimes thats not possible.
ive also seen several silver ones on ebay,

Its strange, because I also drive a large motorhome which can be difficult to park as it needs large spaces. So I park further out all on my own, but when I get back 9 times out of 10 some silly sods have parked next to me when the rest of the carpark is empty. Why do they do that?

Thats a well bad dent- the person must have known who done it and just not cared. You may have to park like i do-right in the middle of two spaces, you still find a stupid person in an empty car park still park next to you thou, thats when you play the game of seeing how close you can park to there drivers door and go pop to another shop.

ouch chris! one of my doors has been done in at braehead too - their spaces are just too tight for all those idiots with chelsea tractors to avoid us! grrrr! also got a cracking prang in my wing from one in asda carpark.......i spotted the idiot who did it and they went like a bat outta hell to avoid me! some people just dont care

btw.......think i was parked next to your cat at asda linwood over the summer as the plate looks familiar! lol!
Strangely I got bumped at Braehead too, all the paint off my backbumper quite high up. Chelsea tractor again??:incazzato: