Soon to be new owner... fingers crossed

Yeah, unfortunately the sunroof breaking stopped the grinning and plus the fact that I was absolutely shattered!

seem to recall it's a common problem something about design or material the runners are made from, but someone with more knowledge will be along to advise about how/if can be fixed or replace a couple parts
tony

Unfortunately sunroofs are an ongoing problem with cats. Obviously I don't know what is wrong with yours Glen but I understand bits are extremely hard to come by and may necessitate checking with scrappies.

Hi Glen, as above the plastic runners on earlier model were a problem with breaking. Unfortunately there is no cheap fix unless you can find a breaker with a good roof. Later models had metal runners but you have to buy a whole assembly i believe which are something lilke £5-600 or something stupid from Ford.

Might be best to try and get it shut and leave it that way, or until you can find a reasonable cost replacement runner assembly.

Thanks for all the support everyone! I'm loving the car, done about 400 miles in it already although once over 65mph the sunroof starts flapping!! LOL

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am sure you are still loving the Cougar.

If you stick around and put a wanted add in the wanted section for sunroof runners
you will eventually get some.

Check also the post and members that are breaking a cougar you might get lucky.

Hello and welcome aboard Glenn, gald to hear you found yourself a nice Coug, unfortunate that the sunroof has broken - common thing to happen. Luckily I went for the model a sunroof and I'm pleased I did. I have one on my Avensis, which I hardly ever use...I've got air-con! lol

First pic of the best car I've ever owned!!

4442997327_95c2a3f391_b.jpg

Very nice Glen (y) Glad to see the fried eggs have gone :LOL:............ Are those colour coded water jets i see on the bonnet or is it just a trick of the light ?

I'm sure I read a thread on S.C.C. about using Mondeo MKII sunroof runners, Ian (Lottysvdub) would be the man to ask.

fried eggs still there... for now anyway. washer jets are standard, just a trick of the light!
4446342246_555d632bf0_b.jpg

Very nice Glen (y) Glad to see the fried eggs have gone :LOL:............ Are those colour coded water jets i see on the bonnet or is it just a trick of the light ?

fried eggs still there... for now anyway. washer jets are standard, just a trick of the light!

Think you might be getting confused Glen. The 'fried eggs' are the standard fit orange lens side repeaters. In you first pic you have nice clear ones, you've not gone and put orange ones back on have you? :eek6: