Well, after two days of work, finally its done!!!:devilish:
There are the tools and materials I used:

Silicone cleaner,
Double sided tape,
Sound deadening sheets,
Heat gun,
Roller tool,
Cloth for cleaning

So for the beginning, I removed front door cards and cleaned everything with silicone cleaner. Otherwise sound deadening won’t stick. Must say that was the hardest part, I can’t believe how much dirt there was…:cry:

And here is front doors done :):

Next were rear quarters, there wasn’t any dirt at all (y):
Before:

After:

I also covered all the plastic part places where it touches metal with double sided tape - to kill the last rattles:

And for the grand final, trunk:
Before:

After:

I didn’t believed that it will improve something at all, so I done this only because of one reason – got all materials very cheap:angel: But I was wrong… very wrong…:oops:
THIS IS A MUST DO for everyone who loves music!!!:music: OMG how much did it changed… Before it, bass kicked and it was booooooooooooooooom – everything was rattling (some kind of echo) now it is how it must be - boom and no rattling. Bass feels just so tight!!! AND FOR THOSE who doesn’t like loud music, I’d say they should have a go – road noise was also killed!!! Whole car is way much less “rattlebox” now.(y)

Very good write up mate. I done this in my last two cars and hope to do it on my Cougar and it does make a world of difference

I'd be tempted to do something like this, but wouldn't want to drown out the sound from the 'boombox' I had fitted at MIJ a while back :LOL:

You missed the biggest part mate....the roof !

That will make a HUGE difference to your sound also.

Top job though fella.

Good point Paul(y)
Do you got any idea how much of sound deadening material do I need to cover roof?

By the way, for both doors, quarter panels (inner and outer layers) +trunk i used 6 square meters of material.:angel:

Someones been a busy boy hope all the hard work improves the sound quality mate. Did my Mondy out in dynamat(Right Im off before JJ shouts at me for swearing)

Lol does make a huge difference I used 4mm thick stuff over all of mine Inc roof a/b/c pillars floor etc although mine still rattles don't know why:music: the roof needs roughly three square metres mate.

JJ

One bit of advice....when you come to scraping off the foam that has been spray glued onto the roof, DON'T do it with Alex as this is the result!!

21062006002.jpg

Depends on the product used Si the stuff I use is £40 per sheet which is one metre square it is 4mm thick and very dense.

I found the roof foam in mine a ball ache to get off resorting to nitro moors in the end.

JJ

Sorry for dumb one but: doesn't roof liner removes like door cards?
i always thought, that it is one big piece of plastic with foam and cloth... :)

So after removal i will need new roof foam+cloth? or what?
Is there any way to remove it easier, without breaking anything? any tips advices?

]

I didn’t believed that it will improve something at all, so I done this only because of one reason – got all materials very cheap:angel: But I was wrong… very wrong…:oops:
THIS IS A MUST DO for everyone who loves music!!!:music: OMG how much did it changed… Before it, bass kicked and it was booooooooooooooooom – everything was rattling (some kind of echo) now it is how it must be - boom and no rattling. Bass feels just so tight!!! AND FOR THOSE who doesn’t like loud music, I’d say they should have a go – road noise was also killed!!! Whole car is way much less “rattlebox” now.(y)

can you get hold of any for me? hee

I've done the boot floorpan and have noticed a difference. If I'm going to do the rest of the car, what are the most important bits to do?

Plenty of hints and tips in the Audio/electical modifications section nard.

A mere £13 pa (or £3 for a week) to access this and all the other well useful mods/problems etc forums (y)