Switch Dir. Indic. /Warning Flasher

cougarista

New user
Dec 24, 2018
Italy
To Everybody Good Evening

Its the first time on this forum, I'm from Italy and please, sorry for my english.

I have Ford Cougar 2,5 V6 of the year 2000.

I have problem with the switch Dir. Indic./Warning Flasher (Ford parts 1087349). I need say, please if dipend by swich or some relay. Just information.

Please I'm very appreciate your help.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas
Antonio

Hi Antonio, welcome.
I like Italy and have done a few trips to the north. Never seen a Cougar there though !
Our's are getting to be pretty rusty underneath, I guess your's is a little better being warmer and drier ?

Where are you in Italy ?

Many Thanks QUICKSILVER

please can have some picture regarding position of the relay? I'm sorry but I don't understand this position (indicator stalk under the column shroud.)

Again many thanks for your help.

Antonio

- - - Updated - - -

Hi dear, i found in the manual, at the page 175 (Roadside emergencies) Relay in the passenger compartment fuse panel (below instrument panel) have 6 relays, R12 - R13 - R14 - R15 - R16 - D2. Which one is the one I need.?

Many thanks again and Merry Christmas
Antonio

Many Thanks QUICKSILVER

please can have some picture regarding position of the relay? I'm sorry but I don't understand this position (indicator stalk under the column shroud.)

Antonio

Perhaps this picture showing the HAZARD button on top of the steering wheel puts it into perspective ? The relay is over on the right in this picture. Its also black so harder to see, but its plugged into the switch assembly as seen in the first picture posted above.

Indicator Relay.jpg

Or this one where you can see the top of the relay at bottom right :-

Indicator Relay 2.jpg

Here :-

Indicator Relay 3.jpg

Many Thanks QUICKSILVER

Antonio

- - - Updated - - -

Hi dear, i found in the manual, at the page 175 (Roadside emergencies) Relay in the passenger compartment fuse panel (below instrument panel) have 6 relays, R12 - R13 - R14 - R15 - R16 - D2. Which one is the one I need.?

Many thanks again and Merry Christmas
Antonio

Antonio, the relay in question is not in the fuse box but is attached to the indicator stalk as shown in a couple of the photos Foobar has kindly copied from the eBay link in post no2.

In order to access the relay you will need to remove the covers(shrouds) from the steering column.