The Big Wheel Change

R

rhume

Well. I took the plunge this weekend and changed my wheels for RVS 17".:smile5:

I bought the refurbished wheels and virtually new rubber from a bloke locally. I wanted to get something that did not look too different to the originals.

wheels.jpg

Now I got these through Ebay and the 215/45/17's turned out to be 215/40/17's but I thought what the hell I'll be changing the tyres at some point. (presume speedo will read a bit fast)

Funny thing is with the lower profile it has made the ride in the car much less jittery at low speeds and the cornering is greatly improved.

The centres of the wheels are removable so I am going to get them rebadged with the Cougar head.(y)

Cost ?ú200 for tyres and wheels which was a bargain. Anyone want to buy an original set of Cougar wheels!!:LOL:

Oh and before anyone says it, I know the car would look better lowered!!:p

hi new to the cougar just bought one a few days ago and notice the front tyers are 205 and back ones are 215 why is this is there a reason ?

Welcome Steve.:D
hi new to the cougar just bought one a few days ago and notice the front tyers are 205 and back ones are 215 why is this is there a reason ?
The reason is, whoever decided to mix the tyre sizes didn't know what they were doing.:frown2: All 4 tyres should be the same size otherwise the traction control and ABS systems will get confused.
The stock size is 215/50/16. You shouldn't really have a width less than 215 too.:incazzato:

Very subtle matey, thats what i like to see , and the wheel centres will look perfect with the cat badge, if you do it right. Have you seen the stainless steel ones that Manos (Flamenco Assassin) has on his?

Well. I took the plunge this weekend and changed my wheels for RVS 17".:smile5:

I bought the refurbished wheels and virtually new rubber from a bloke locally. I wanted to get something that did not look too different to the originals.

wheels.jpg

Now I got these through Ebay and the 215/45/17's turned out to be 215/40/17's but I thought what the hell I'll be changing the tyres at some point. (presume speedo will read a bit fast)

Funny thing is with the lower profile it has made the ride in the car much less jittery at low speeds and the cornering is greatly improved.

The centres of the wheels are removable so I am going to get them rebadged with the Cougar head.(y)

Cost ?ú200 for tyres and wheels which was a bargain. Anyone want to buy an original set of Cougar wheels!!:LOL:

Oh and before anyone says it, I know the car would look better lowered!!:p

Stainless steel wheel centres do sound nice. FlamencoAssassin don't suppose you have a close up of your wheels you could post for me ??:smile5:

Was thinking about black background with chrome cougar head in outline.

MMMMMMMMMM!!

Very nice indeed. Were these laser etched? Might be calling some favours in from some friends in the fabrication business.

Cheers R

MMMMMMMMMM!!

Very nice indeed. Were these laser etched? Might be calling some favours in from some friends in the fabrication business.

Cheers R
I believe they were laser etched.

That looks well smart. Where did you get those done?
They were done by TeamTorquesteer (see club discounts section (y)).
They normally do them with an 'RS' logo as they're Focus RS wheels, but I asked if they'd do a different logo. They said no problem so I sent them a JPG with the cat logo. :D :D