The DVLA are weird...

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
...and I've tended to view them as ineffectual, laggard and obstructive. An example of how poor government agencies are at processing data.

So, I bought Mako on 05/02/2011. She was MOTed on 04/02/2011, but she needs to be taxed at the beginning of March.

Now if you have ever bought a car that close to its tax date before, you know that you're going to the post office with the V5c stub.

Yesterday I got the new V5c. Today, I got the V11. Tomorrow morning, I'll be taxing Mako online. I am amazed at the level of efficiency.

Is it just me, or is the fact that I'm surprised by this a little bit sad?

I was getting really impatient as my Cougar was taking so long in the garage. Less than 30mins after she'd passed the MOT I was able to get the tax done online. A nice surprise in efficiency!

they fined me when THEY lost my old V5 when I sold my fiesta.

It was sent in the SAME envelope as the V5 for cat1, which they did receive!

Yet I got fined for not notifying them for selling my car.

They said I was lying about sending them together.

A-holes

While I agree with you as a car owner, and don't dispute the chiseling, money grubbing nature of the government, I was amazed at how quick they got their **** together.

I'm sure it was a temporary blip, normal **** service will be resumed shortly! They were nothing short of pathetic when it came to sorting out Ria's plate transfer last year!

they fined me when THEY lost my old V5 when I sold my fiesta.

It was sent in the SAME envelope as the V5 for cat1, which they did receive!

Yet I got fined for not notifying them for selling my car.

They said I was lying about sending them together.

A-holes

Knobheads made my mate retake his bike test after 20 years biking, 10 of which he was a 'Bloodrunner' for the donor service.............ON MOTORCYCLES!!!!! Funny cos they said he was lying too C***s!!!!!

DVLA are ******** they stopped me putting a superb 11 plate on the cougar in case some knob thinks it's a brand new car

Last edited by a moderator: