The latest take away bargin

lottysvdub

Well-known user
Jul 29, 2007
South coast in a cougar
Right chaps ive got the beastie home and im quite happy with her , put the boost pack on it to start fired up nicley no horrible noises except when you turn the steering then its a little noisey so i think its possibly a rack more than track rods but even so thats not a problem :D
I will start by giving it a bloody good clean and polish and re spray the front wire grill as its become a little discoloured
SDC11697.jpg

SDC11698.jpg

SDC11699.jpg

SDC11700.jpg

SDC11696.jpg

SDC11695.jpg

SDC11701.jpg

SDC11702.jpg

SDC11703.jpg

So guys what do you think ??? not bad for £100 i think :whistle:

Nice! Is there a colour mismatch on the offside doors? Not a big deal though...

You missed the photo of the engine bay! Beautiful engines those! I think I prefer the OE tail lights to be honest, but for £100 I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I noticed the colour but looks like the door may be slightly ajar deffo worth hundred quid . Nice little project and profit in that beauty.

The colour is the same , its were my 16 year old daughter is sat in it playing with the door slightly open plus the shade from the tree its parked under , i did think the same when i was taking the picture and had to shut the door to double check , and yep your right Jamie i didnt think of poping the bonnet , i will get some tomorrow when ive had a chance to git it a good wash

Right place at the right time Matt , its a real steal , the local scrappy offered £50 so i simply doubled it and drove it home tonight , it needs a little work mechanicly but not too much :geek:

Well Ian, all I can say is I've visited my local take-aways frequently within the last few weeks and nothing (other than I'm fatter and wasted alot of money on food!!).....all I came home with was a take-away in a bag!....Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!! LOL

Honestly mate, that was a steal and like you say once you've given it a complete valet inside and out and got the mechanicals up to scratch, then your going to have yourself a right little bargain. Not too sure about all that wood inside though - not really to my taste lol

Speaking of Alfa's....took my Coug in today to have air-con re-gassed and sorted out...and look what car they gave me to use in the interim....

CourtesyCar-MECA002.jpg

CourtesyCar-MECA001.jpg

CourtesyCar-MECA004.jpg

CourtesyCar-MECA003.jpg

Right place at the right time Matt , its a real steal , the local scrappy offered £50 so i simply doubled it and drove it home tonight , it needs a little work mechanicly but not too much :geek:
I guess the previous owner thought it would cost more to repair than they could afford so just scrapped it :oops: something that happens all to often these days. You got yourself a real bargain there, and isn't it true you arn't a true petrol-head unless you've owned an Alfa? :cool:

Nice courtesy Car TIM, I used to end up with a Triumph Aclaim or an old Volvo 740 estate :LOL: