The story so far . . .

V

VTS_16v_Boy

Ok, so about 3 or 4 years ago I was happy rattling around in my Mk3 XR2i CVH 8v (stunning little car in the best colour Mecury Grey)

FiestaXR2iCVH6.jpg


But with my mate gloating about being able to afford a brand new BMW mini cooper with quite alot ticked on the options list, he wouldnt let it lay that I was driving a 10yr+ XR2i, so I desided that I take a loan out and treat myself to a nearly new car or as new as I could afford.

Now I was on the hunt for a Vauxhall Vectra 2.2ltr SRi Saloon (dont laugh!) but one sunday when I was out with my old man we stopped at a dealer who had a Blue Cougar which after sitting in I just had to have.

Over the next 2yrs or there abouts I had a custom Stainless Steel induction kit and custom Stainless Steel exhaust with dual 3" jap style cans which really did sound the business :D all supplied and fitted by 4extreme performance just outside Billericay Essex.
I also had a set of Wise(something - Green springs/German Brand) 30mm springs again fitted by 4extreme, a Areogear grill and Stoffler front spoiler/splitter. A Custom Cougars (USA) quickshift improved gear changes. So the end product looked like this.

Cougara.jpg


Cougarc.jpg


But with the 30mm drop and the Stoffler front bib caused massive clearance problems! To the extent that I couldnt clear nearly any speed bump or ramp, so a second car to 1 keep the mileage down and 2 get over a speed bump was in order so a lucky find one weekend turned up a Mk4 XR3i 90spec in need of a good clean and some tlc and for ?ú280 I couldnt say no.

After a few months I had totally t-cutted the bodywork, refurb'd a set of series2 RSturbo alloys in White, repainted a 90spec Turbo spoiler and fitted a fibre glass Turbo kit. Again the end product looked like this

RSTurbo1.jpg


RSTurbo2.jpg


It was not long inbetween the two that I meet up with my now partner and she had her own car a nearly new Micra so 3 cars and the fact we worked together made little sense. So the XR3i was sold privately and the cat was part ex'd for my now current car a Saxo VTS, now its been a bumpy old ride with my 16v pocket rocket, what with it being French it was designed to fall apart :D

The VTS has changed quite alot over the 2yrs from standard car to single seater rallye slag to putting it back together to hopefully sell and fund another Cougar!

From standard
SaxoVTS16v1.jpg


to slightly mod'd
SaxoVTS16v45.jpg


to single seater Rallye slag
SaxoVTS16v71.jpg


Ive been through a few other car ideas mainly 2door coupes such as Gen5 Honda Prelude 2.2, Toyota 3.0 SZ Supra, and a few others but they have either been too old, too expensive to run or just I dont want one sitting outside my house without the use of a secure garage.

So back to the Cougar I keep comng, hopefully a 24v V6 but we're see :D[/b]
 
V

VTS_16v_Boy

While my Saxo was off the road having some wok done and also to keep the mileage down I bought a Gen2 Honda Prelude for ?ú270 and done some work to that

PreludeEX12.jpg


then 6months ago me and the missis bought a Volvo 740 which I made a 740Turbo look a like just like I did with my Mk4 XR3i 90spec

740Pic21.jpg


The Volovo has not long gone, the VTS is in the process of being returned to as standard condition as I can get it so I can sell or part ex it for another Cat.

If truth be know I think Id go for another 2.0 16v twin cam, because athough alittle under powered I reckon it be slight better on petrol and insurance. Been looking through Autotrader and eBay and I reckon within a month I could be back behind a wheel of a cat :D
 
V

v6_cougar_london

Good luck with your search :D

I like the Stoffler kit its quite aggressive looking without being over the top. You are going to struggle to find another one kitted out in Stoffler stuff as those bodykits are quite rare now....

You should difenitely try and go for the V6 if possible, obviously you want your Cougar to ssound and go like it should :LOL: :wink: Seriously its got a hell of a lot more grunt then the zetec, much smoother, and the sound it makes is worth every extra penny 8)
 
L

lynz

certainly an eclectic selection there :LOL: im totally loving the xr2i and xr3i and the cougar looks phat :D shame you sold them as id love to have all 3 in my ford stable! :LOL:

good luck with the search for your new ride :)
 

jamie_duff

Honorary Member
Club Member
Sep 28, 2004
4,250
544
New Deer, Aberdeenshire
lynz said:
certainly an eclectic selection there :LOL: im totally loving the xr2i and xr3i and the cougar looks phat :D shame you sold them as id love to have all 3 in my ford stable! :LOL:

good luck with the search for your new ride :)

You'll love Phil Robbo then....
 
V

VTS_16v_Boy

v6_cougar_london said:
Good luck with your search :D

I like the Stoffler kit its quite aggressive looking without being over the top. You are going to struggle to find another one kitted out in Stoffler stuff as those bodykits are quite rare now....

You should difenitely try and go for the V6 if possible, obviously you want your Cougar to ssound and go like it should :LOL: :wink: Seriously its got a hell of a lot more grunt then the zetec, much smoother, and the sound it makes is worth every extra penny 8)

I got my Stoffler from spoiler from RA Design who arent about these days I dont think, and I wouldnt know where to start looking for Stoffler items in the UK.

V6 would be nice but Im trying to look to the future and to be honest the slightly increased running costs and insurance money could be better spent on items on my and partners house :(
 

phil robbo

Well-known user
Oct 4, 2004
5,658
134
Huddersfield
jamie_duff said:
lynz said:
certainly an eclectic selection there :LOL: im totally loving the xr2i and xr3i and the cougar looks phat :D shame you sold them as id love to have all 3 in my ford stable! :LOL:

good luck with the search for your new ride :)

You'll love Phil Robbo then....

:LOL: ..... unexpectedly... Jamie Duff goes on to the `to be stabbed` list :wink:
 

jamie_duff

Honorary Member
Club Member
Sep 28, 2004
4,250
544
New Deer, Aberdeenshire
phil robbo said:
jamie_duff said:
lynz said:
certainly an eclectic selection there :LOL: im totally loving the xr2i and xr3i and the cougar looks phat :D shame you sold them as id love to have all 3 in my ford stable! :LOL:

good luck with the search for your new ride :)

You'll love Phil Robbo then....

:LOL: ..... unexpectedly... Jamie Duff goes on to the `to be stabbed` list :wink:

Oooh I'm quakin' in ma boots :LOL: :LOL: :wink: