The Wendy House

Been working on this today, checked the Alko hitch and discovered it was doing next to naff all, so stripped serviced and re-shimmed the pads, also fitted a bash plate that my mate knocked up for me c/o Lakenheath lol

54522421_10211481532708751_6512688167689125888_n.jpg 55557196_10211481533028759_3382457878571909120_n.jpg 54437081_10211481532508746_8185194277232443392_n.jpg

Also had a go at checking the brakes out, left one was doing all the work cos the right one was doing nuffink!!!
Took it for a run and got 20 degrees on the brake drum on the RHS and 150 degrees on the left lol thanks to this little Zat gun lol

54434138_10211479906388094_8436508249833865216_n.jpg 55752299_10211479886227590_8806416195147268096_n.jpg

Finally got around to reading the whole of this thread and came across the photos here :-

https://forums.ukcougar.club/threads/32410-The-Wendy-House?p=580152&viewfull=1#post580152

I was shocked by just how similar inside it is to my Fleetwood Colchester ! All the stuff is even in the same places and with the same fitments. You should be OK for spares anyway. I've only ever replaced the fan motor in the heater though, very reliable. Here it is back in pre-cougar days ( 2009 ! ). The ugly git moving the bin is me. The only time I ever moved it my missus says...

Have you considered fitting a 'Motor Mover' ? I picked one up cheap during the winter. Perhaps you already have the 6' 4" model - lol...

Last edited:
So been playing catch-up with little jobs that needed doing as well as some upgrades.
Firstly, found out why it was pulling one way under braking and why i couldn't adjust up the shoes on the left side.................:eek::eek::eek:

DSC_5293.jpg

Have also been sorting the plumbing out, new taps fitted, and kitchen sink waste sorted so now have hot n cold running water lol
Added a few LED bulb replacements too, which i'm hoping will extend battery life (another upgrade project to run the fridge off the batteries) but this weekend will be wire chasing, as i've been informed by my VOSA buddy, that marker lights are a must have on a van the size of mine, and they're under instruction to hand out tickets lol, so marker lights will be working before heading for Anglesey

That all looks most unhealthy Tony, aren't the friction linings supposed to be attached to the brake shoes ?! Mind you if they were riveted in the first place there's a chance they might still be. Never did like bonded linings - lol

Have you considered putting a big solar panel on the roof ?

Had a good look underneath tonight, splurged some RTV in a couple of holes but looks pretty good, front boot floor has blown a little on one side so i'll need to replace that sometime but it's good for now.

To follow on from this.........I knew it needed looking at and inbetween various other projects while I'm on a brief furlough, I thought I'd go into this waist deep lol shoved a screwdriver through the front storage floor a little TOO easily!!! lol
The pics will explain.......

DSC_5833.jpg

DSC_5834.jpg

DSC_5835.jpg

So as you can see the first bit went well lol figured I better tidy things up a bit before attempting to make any repair pieces up, although my mate Martin knocked up the floors for the garage section for me, they've got to be sealed with resin along with the repair pieces once I've made those

DSC_5845.jpg

Battery door and storage box removed so I can get access to the rest of the rot!

DSC_5846.jpg

DSC_5847.jpg

DSC_5850.jpg

About covers it for now, waiting on a new battery storage and door, as a larger battery is going in (120ah) and the door was knackered anyway, once I've got wood I'll update some more (that ones for matt) :LOL:

edit
Mods, i'm having issues uploading pics from laptop, they will only save as thumbnails and won't show in the post........any ideas????
ps whats with the usd pics????

Last edited:
Let's have another go............lol

Spent a few days on this now, and really impressed with the results.
The blockboard I've used is beech coated with a liberal layer of polyester resin, so should be pretty much as waterproof as I can get!! Hopefully lol

Boards made

EDIT
See no pics...............

I'm not seeing them either, Tony. There aren't even any placeholders for them, and they aren't present in the page source:
Code:
                <div class="content">
                    <div id="post_message_602163">
                        <blockquote class="postcontent restore ">
                            Let's have another go............lol<br />
<br />
Spent a few days on this now, and really impressed with the results.<br />
The blockboard I've used is beech coated with a liberal layer of polyester resin, so should be pretty much as waterproof as I can get!! Hopefully lol<br />
<br />
Boards made<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
EDIT<br />
                        </blockquote>
                    </div>

Let's have another go............lol

Spent a few days on this now, and really impressed with the results.
The blockboard I've used is beech coated with a liberal layer of polyester resin, so should be pretty much as waterproof as I can get!! Hopefully lol

Boards made

EDIT

Well I'll continue from my phone

DSC_5853.jpg

Dry fit carried out

DSC_5855.jpg

Made up some repair sections for the sidewall going under the edge of the battery box

DSC_5862.jpg

And clamped in

DSC_5865.jpg

Working on the front floor supports

DSC_5868.jpg

And the skin over the sidewall repair

DSC_5875.jpg

Repair plate on the other side where the front section had cracked and was leaking

DSC_5876.jpg

New larger battery box installed

DSC_5869.jpg

And finally getting stuff wrapped up and looking how it should

DSC_5879.jpg

DSC_5880.jpg

DSC_5881.jpg

At this point I still had the floor to seam seal underneath and the battery and door to fit, but no pics yet, so will update tomorrow, but looking a damn sight better than it did lol

Last edited:
Looks good from the 5 pictures I can see :LOL:

The other 6 pictures say I dont have permission to view them :whistle:

Seems we have a few gremlins Dan so hopefully admin can sort it

- - - Updated - - -

Good work mate. Ready for the new season hopefully there will be some racing this year.

Think the boy's have pretty much canned this year so hopefully I'll get to use it lol