total beginner

D

darkdruid

Iv got a black v6 and had it for a few months, best car iv ever had bit now she needs modifying and upgrading. better alloys K N induction kit exhaust etc. Where do i start???
Advice needed please.o_O

i would start with a good service first if it aint had one.

induction kits are naff mate get a panell filter
then a nice shiney shiney zorst
that gets the breathing sorted

anyway welcome mate

welcome mate, as for moddifying it depends what you want, subtle moddification or in your face moddification, I agree with Martyn your first step should be a damned good service next depends on wether you want to improve speed or improve look, Modding is a personal thing but you cant go wrong with a nice pair of 18" wheels and a nice shiney exhaust, Think shagmonkey still has some sill covers left they look soooooooooo much better than the standard ford ones.

Remember have a plan of what you want your car to finish up like and try and stick to it, there are loads of modds you can do but they dont all work well together.

she has had a ford major service i have looked at a cat to back stainless steel powerflow exhaustsingle outlet and been quoted £295.oo. is that reasonable? Panel filter?

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. You just missed out on a group buy for SS Exhaust system from MIJ Exhausts in Wallsall. I am quite sure that if you give Jay at MIJ Exhausts a ring he will be able to work out a good price for you, just let him know you are a member of ukcougar.com. As for other mods, how big is your wallet? Once you start you will always want something else. Have a look through the garage pictures to see what others have done, the task is endless.

The panel filter is the original air filter fitted to the car in the big black airbox. You can get a K&N panel filter to fit in it or remove it altogether and fit a CAI system.

Thanks for the advice i think the panel filter is the way forward and ill contact jay about an exhaust. Im still pricing every thing up to see what direction im taking re mods.Im coventry area and unfortunatly for me working all weekend.Is there any recommendation as to were to get alloys from i was after some black/ grey ones not sure yet what size to go for iv got the origial 16" on at the min.

Hello and Welcome aboard Darkdruid. As everyone has stated above when it comes to modding. Re: Alloys - there are some great deals out there - check through the net but take your time, set yourself a budget and buy the right ones for your Coug. As for size - well that is up to you depending upon what look you want and also the type of ride you want (as can get quite harsh the larger diameter you go). Have a look at my garage and you will see the mods I've done to my Ebony Coug. Cheers, Tim.

Hi and welcome to the forum, we have some similar OEM spoilers for sale if you haven't already got one on (y) (y)

Thanks for the advice i think the panel filter is the way forward and ill contact jay about an exhaust. Im still pricing every thing up to see what direction im taking re mods. Im coventry area and unfortunatly for me working all weekend.Is there any recommendation as to were to get alloys from i was after some black/ grey ones not sure yet what size to go for iv got the origial 16" on at the min.
Myself & Kully, (V6 Singh), are in Rugby, Chris, (Warthog), is in RLS bud, if you fancy meeting just PM me, you may get some ideas on modding

Welcome to the forum mate. I've got a K&N 57i on my Cat, and love the sound it produces, a lot better than the panel filter which unless you have a ST200 airbox makes no difference to sound. As previously stated MIJ is the place to go for an exhaust, as they are custom built to your spec.

Welcome aboard buddy, this is certainly the place to be if you want to get involved with modding your cougar, there are hundres of things on her but be careful though, dont fall too deep down the hole.....!

I started by debadging mine, bought on the Tuesday 27th January 2004 and debadged by the weekend white side repeaters after a week followed by new wheels, then I had to start saving pennies again!!

It is addictive, but take your time to achieve what you are after.

Welcome to the club, look forward to seeing an unmodified car progress.

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is addictive but take your time and you'll achieve the look you're after. Personally i went for 18" wheels. The ride is a little harsh but they look good imo. The list of mods is almost endless really and once you're bitten by the bug the old wallet starts shaking every time you reach for it :LOL:

welcome to UKC mate :)

do not, under any circumstances start modding - you will end up broke & divorced......

but the plus side is you would have met some of this lot by then and your Coug will look great (y)